Thread: Cubs Free Agents

Cubs Cubs Free Agents

So far, Reed Johnson, Rich Harden, and Kevin Gregg have filed for free agency. What's your thought on their future? Do we try to resign them or let them go?

Personally, I really like Reed Johnson. When playing, he gave us decent leadoff hitter (in 2008, since 2009 he didn't play as much due to some d-bag, so hard to judge). And of course, he's the only true CF we had. I definitely would like to see him back if we can't get any other CFs out there.

Rich Harden is a tough choice. When he has his stuff, he's straight out nasty. But he doesn't eat innings and often injured. I like to see him back because I like him, but not sure if that's really beneficial to the team. I would hate it if anyone from NL Central signs him.

Kevin Gregg, never liked him. Granted, I have only seen him pitch less than 10 games or so. All of (or most of) those games, he either gave up a game tying run or go ahead runs. So I have already had a bad impression. I don't want him back. But then should Marmol be our closer? When he's the closer, it doesn't seem like he's getting it done, or I am just that unlucky, watching his bad games only.

What do you all think about those three?
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Cubs Free Agents

Dump Harden and Gregg, both are more trouble than they're worth. Let some other team have to deal with their issues. As for Johnson, he's an awesome late-inning defensive replacement so if you can bring him back for the minimum, I don't see why not. I like him.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Johnson has the tools to make your team better in so many different situations, that it's hard not to like him. Cubs would be fools not to have him around I believe.

Yea definitely. If we don't resign Reed Johnson, many Cubs fans will be unhappy.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!