Thread: Red-hot Cedeno will play more, sit less this time

AA ERA

Red-hot Cedeno will play more, sit less this time

Red-hot Cedeno will play more, sit less this time
    June 29, 2005

It had been anticipated that it was just a matter of time until shortstop Ronny Cedeno returned to the Cubs. The way he was hitting for Class AAA Iowa, there was no way to keep him down on the farm.

So it was not really a surprise when Cedeno was added to the big-league roster before the game Tuesday. Infielder Enrique Wilson, who had hit .136 in 15 games with the Cubs, was optioned to Iowa to open space for Cedeno.

Cedeno, 22, appears to have a bright future. He batted .371 with 12 doubles, seven home runs and 30 RBI in 52 games for Iowa. Cedeno was also with the Cubs from April 21 to May 17 after Nomar Garciaparra went down with his groin injury in St. Louis.

Cedeno hit .313 in 10 games in that previous stint. He had a homer and two RBI. He was used sparingly, and the team eventually decided that he needed regular playing time at Iowa.

I know there was some concern that he would miss out on AB's up here and it wouldn't be as good as it would have been staying at AAA. Hopefully Dusty is telling the truth and he gets the ABs.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

AA ERA
    Cedeno started today. Having a bit of a rough day. Lost a fly ball in the sun, had some problems getting throws from Barrett, made a nice DP, hit a good ball to advance Dubois.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

And a nice double down the left field line. He's going to be a fine SS in the major league. But Baker has indicated that Cedeno is going to be Perez's back up.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!