Marquis is having a nice year, but he's a headcase and wrigleyville hated his guts. He never would have survived.

I don't know if you guys knew, but Peavy might miss the season if he needs surgery on his ankle. Even best case is out for 8 weeks, which is far past the all star break... and there's always room for setbacks.

We need a bat. Getting Aramis back after the break or whenenver he plans on returning is going to be huge, especially if some of the other players have tacked atleast .25 points (that's all I'm asking for, Milton) onto their aveage by that point.

2B is still a lame duck for us, and the Miles/Fontenot platoon never really got a chance because of Aramis' injury.

I'd like to see us go after whoever the best 2B is. I'd like Brian Roberts, honestly. I'd like to trade for Brian Roberts and lead him off, drop Soriano down to about the 6 hole, put Theriot or Fukudome or whoever is hot at 2, Aramis 3, Lee 4, Milton 5, and whoever's left and healthy in our OF by that point at 7 and 8...

I'd also like a dominant reliever who isn't a headcase and can close out ballgames... but that's less likely to happen midseason.

Our pitching has been more or less fine though. I'd make a bet that the Cubs are among the top-3 in the NL in era, without knowing off the top of my head.