Thread: That Didn't Take Long

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cubs That Didn't Take Long

Chicago Cubs right fielder Milton Bradley left Sunday's game against Milwaukee with a right groin strain after he came up limping while trying to run from second to third base in the fourth inning.

Reed Johnson pinch ran for Bradley, and scored when Brewers starter Jeff Suppan walked Koyie Hill with the bases loaded. Johnson remained in the game to replace Bradley in right field.

Bradley signed a $30 million, three-year contract with Chicago as a free agent in the offseason, but has a history of injuries.

Bradley was off to a slow start for his new team. He came into Sunday's game batting .063, but reached on a fielder's choice and a hit batsman before leaving with the injury.
    This was why he was in my top five of the worst signings of the year, he's injury prone. Bradley is best off used as a DH and it was just a bad idea to think he could play the OF everyday. In this particular injury, it benefited the Cubs because Reed Johnson made a great catch to rob Prince Fielder of a game-tying grand slam. Good thing the Cubs have Johnson or Fukudome on the bench. I thought Bradley would have lasted a little longer than this before he got hurt but apparently he couldn't.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: That Didn't Take Long

I'll admit, I am a fan of Bradley as a player but him as a fielder does not work especially at the deal the Cubs gave him. Two years I would have understood, but to guarantee him the kind of money he is getting for three years is just way too risky. Of course if conditions and trains enough to play 135+ games and has a monster season, it looks great, but Bradley needs to be playing regularly to be an impact in the lineup obviously. Routinely injured during normal plays is about what you can expect from Milton, that and being an absolute beast when he is healthy, I wonder how Cubs fans will react to all of this after awhile.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: That Didn't Take Long

well, the cubs arent sure how long he will be out. there was no way he would have played today, even if he was fully healthy. Lou likes to give his big guns the day off after a late game on the road and with the weather being bad....

it doesnt sound like its actually that bad, he pulled up before he could seriously hurt himself.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1