Thread: Marshall Wins Rotation Spot

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cubs Marshall Wins Rotation Spot

Cubs manager Lou Piniella announced Thursday that Sean Marshall will being the season as the club's fifth starter.
    Marshall won the job over Aaron Heilman, who will move to the bullpen. Piniella anticipates Marshall sticking around in his starting rotation. "Marshall came in here as the front-runner for the fifth spot," said the Cubs manager, "and he's done nothing to lead me to believe he's going to lose that spot."
    Heilman wanted to be traded so he could have a chance to start so so much for that. I think the Cubs are better off having two lefties in the rotation anyway. Marshall has posted back to back sub 4 ERAs so I think this was the best move and should help the Cubs win the NL Central easily.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Marshall Wins Rotation Spot

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Heilman wanted to be traded so he could have a chance to start so so much for that. I think the Cubs are better off having two lefties in the rotation anyway. Marshall has posted back to back sub 4 ERAs so I think this was the best move and should help the Cubs win the NL Central easily.
    agreed with ya, my main concern with marshall is his durability in a game. He seems to struggle once he gets into the 80 pitch range. of course, that problem came in his first goaround in the starters role, but still, until proven otherwise, that is still a bit of a concern.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA

Re: Marshall Wins Rotation Spot

I've seen this kid pitch a few times and have been impressed with his stuff. He showed that he can blow away most AAA hitters. He should be able to make the adjustments necessary to be a good major league pitcher.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon