Thread: Teahen To Chicago?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cubs Teahen To Chicago?

The Mark Teahen-to-the-Cubs rumor has resurfaced in Chicago. The Chicago Tribune reported on Sunday that "Kansas City is focused" on second baseman Mike Fontenot and left-handed pitcher Sean Marshall in a possible trade for Teahen. Teahen's name was linked to the Cubs in mid-October before the Royals had added to their outfield by obtaining Coco Crisp in a deal with the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday.
    This was rumored sometime last week but most reports called it "slight" interest but now it seems more serious. Cubs would like Teahen to split time in RF with Fukudome. Piniella has really grown impatient with Fukudome. The Royals would be getting a nice return if they can get Fontenot and Marshall. Fontenot had a good year last year and has a nice glove. I see him as a .280 hitter. Marshall is a 25 year old lefty who would look good in the back of that Royals rotation. Teahen looks to be the odd man out in the Royals OF. Some have speculated that DeJesus would be traded. Anything is possible but it looks like his job is safe for now.

MLB ERA

Re: Teahen To Chicago?

Interesting story. It appears Teahen is not in the Royals' long-term plans. He is a decent player with some utility value. He could spell Ramirez on occasion at 3B and play both corner outfield positions. I could see him getting 4 starts a week, maybe 5.
    Fontenot is a player the Royals could use to make a very nice double play combo with Aviles and Marshall has pretty decent stuff. I've had a chance to see him pitch quite a bit in AAA and liked what I saw there. He needs a change of scenery and a chance to show what he has.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon