Knuckling under
By Carrie Muskat / MLB.com

The Cubs are happy to see Boston's Tim Wakefield leave town. His knuckleball was dancing on Sunday night, and shut down the Cubs in an 8-1 Red Sox win. Now they have to make the adjustment against Florida's staff, which ranks second in the NL with a 3.70 ERA. Dontrelle Willis, who leads the league with 10 wins and is second with a 2.13 ERA, was on tap Monday night.

"It's a challenge," Cubs manager Dusty Baker said of switching from Wakefield to Willis. "This whole staff is a challenge. Dontrelle is a heck of a pitcher. He knows what he's doing, his control is good, he's a heck of a competitor. He runs well, hits well and pitches well. He's a very athletic pitcher."

Willis also is very unique with his high leg kick and delivery.

"He's kind of an old school ballplayer with an old school windup," Baker said. "He's about more deception than anybody we'll see in our league. He reminds me of John Candelaria or Luis Tiant or Juan Marichal."

Ehhh, I'm sure Wakefield was a major challenge because of the change in style, and Dontrelle to a certain extent, but the rest of the Marlins staff doesn't scare me as much. Our offense has been solid for the most part lately and we can hit them.