Thread: Mum's the word

AA ERA

Mum's the word

Mum's the word
    By Paul Sullivan
    Tribune staff reporter

June 13, 2005

Baker declined to comment on Florida manager Jack McKeon's recent autobiography, saying he had not read it.

McKeon wrote: "A lot of what we did was taken away because of that foul ball. 'Bartman this, Bartman that' I don't want to hear it. It seems like the Cubs always have an excuse for everything. Hey, it's baseball, things happen. … I respect the Cubs' talent, and Dusty Baker, who knows the game inside and out, is a great manager. But sometimes you have to give credit to the other guy or just admit you didn't get the job done."

Baker said he had no feelings about McKeon's views on how much credit the Marlins deserved.

"I don't know," Baker said. "It's Jack's book. I'm not going to answer [questions] about what somebody else wrote. That's pointless."

I agree with Jack. The Bartman thing was WAY overblown. there were many more things the Cubs did in that game which cause more trouble. The main effect it had was mental in my opion. We even had one more game that we could have won.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

AA ERA
    NO HANGOVER
    June 14, 2005

BY MIKE KILEY STAFF REPORTER

NO HANGOVER: Cubs manager Dusty Baker refused to revisit the 2003 National League Championship Series, in which the Florida Marlins upset the Cubs by winning the final three games, including the last two at Wrigley Field against Mark Prior and Kerry Wood.

If you think that created an especially intense rivalry between the teams, well, Baker disagrees. Marlins-Cubs is just another series in Chicago.

"I don't live in the past like that,'' Baker said. "They beat us. They took it from us. It's not like they did it in some demonstrative style or form that would promote such feelings as you are talking about. They just went out and played baseball and did it.''

Agree with Baker, no mean spirt at all.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle