Thread: Rich Hill

MLB ERA

Cubs Rich Hill

Rich Hill, in one of his more recent starts (Single-A Daytona) threw four scoreless innings, walking just one and striking out six.

Depending on whether or not he can sustain this success long enough to string together a few quality starts, what do you see of his season (and career) becoming with the Cubs?

I realize his prospect status is probably gone at this point. When you're close to 28, and have had only two good half seasons, and spent the rest of your time off and on in the minors you aren't going to have a lot of teams lining up for your services. However, you gotta hope this guy isn't a complete lost cause. I admittedly expected big things out of him this year, and it's disappointing how he hasn't been able to get back up... not that you can really argue with the reasoning. There's really been no room, and we've had so much pitching depth I wouldn't even know where to slide him into the rotation.

In the 2nd half, if Maqruis remains inconsistent I'd hope Hill gets a chance if he continues to pitch good in the minors. But Gaudin wouldn't be a bad choice either.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Rich Hill

he's going to have to keep up the work. I think he got a little bit of blass (and ankiel) disease. But if recent signs show that he is overcoming that, then thats good and could see him helping later in the year.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1