Thread: Soriano hotter than all get out

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Soriano hotter than all get out

dude has been raking all week long. 4 homers in two games. 7 in the last 6 days.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Re: Soriano hotter than all get out

yes he is.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I'll tell you what, all the argument about whether he should be a leadoff guy is making its case now. Imagine if all those leadoff HRs were with him in the middle of the order and having runners on base.

Yes Soriano is hot right now. Great news Cubs!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    I'll tell you what, all the argument about whether he should be a leadoff guy is making its case now. Imagine if all those leadoff HRs were with him in the middle of the order and having runners on base.

Yes Soriano is hot right now. Great news Cubs!
    actually, i like the leadoff homers. nothing demoralizes a pitcher more than that. besides, he has had a few three run homers, and two run singles in his hot streak. so he is only coming up first the first time. remember, his number nine hitters arent exactly slouches (zambrano, marquis and dempster can all hit it), and neither is 8 hitter reed johnson.

leave him there.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Yankees would've loved to need him so far

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Love to need? Interesting.

Here's the dilemma with Soriano. He strikes out a lot, walks infrequently but is a great hitter so you think he'd be great in the middle of the lineup. 4th, 5th? But then again, Soriano loves hitting leadoff and has had great seasons as a leadoff man.

My only thing, wouldn't it be worth a shot to switch Soriano and Fukudome around? Fukudome hasn't shown really good power yet and takes a bazillion pitches and does have good speed and you throw a mashing Soriano in around Lee and Ramirez, ...bang? Theriot-Fukudome-Lee-Ramirez-Soriano-Soto ...wouldn't that be a scary lineup to pitch to? Knowing 7-9 aren't bad either.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Love to need? Interesting.

Here's the dilemma with Soriano. He strikes out a lot, walks infrequently but is a great hitter so you think he'd be great in the middle of the lineup. 4th, 5th? But then again, Soriano loves hitting leadoff and has had great seasons as a leadoff man.

My only thing, wouldn't it be worth a shot to switch Soriano and Fukudome around? Fukudome hasn't shown really good power yet and takes a bazillion pitches and does have good speed and you throw a mashing Soriano in around Lee and Ramirez, ...bang? Theriot-Fukudome-Lee-Ramirez-Soriano-Soto ...wouldn't that be a scary lineup to pitch to? Knowing 7-9 aren't bad either.
    Fukudome belongs in the 2 hole, but it's amazing how well a non power hitter has done in the 5 hole. He's an asset anywhere because he gets on base. The problem isn't that Soriano loves hitting lead off. It's that he has that mental mind set he needs to be one. As a result he SUCKS as a middle order bat. His career numbers there back it up.

It's not all mental though, part of that is because Soriano doesn't handle breaking pitches well. You see more fastballs in the lead off spot. Not to mention most pitchers try to throw that first pitch for a strike. Soriano knows that, and golfs a lot of those out there. Hitting 3, 4, 5 wouldn't give him that privilege.

I also think Soriano hitting lead off isn't all Lou's choice. From quotes in the past, I think his hands might be a little tied. For all we know Hendry promised him that, and with his giant contract you have to make him happy. I mean they expanded the warning track this off season by 3 feet just for Soriano (he complains about the brick wall). When is Soto going to move up in the order? With Soriano leading off I think this is the best lineup:

1. Soriano
    2. Fukudome
    3. Lee
    4. Ramirez
    5. Soto
    6. DeRosa
    7. Theriot
    8. Johnson/Edmonds
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018