Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Cubs Closer is....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Cubs 2008 Cubs Closer is....

Kerry Wood. This is according to ESPN.com.

Stay tuned.......

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: 2008 Cubs Closer is....

This isn't a real shocker but the possibility of the Cubs trading Wuertz is. The Cubs need Wuertz, Howry and Marmol is they are to be successful. I wouldn't be shocked to see Marmol become the closer when Wood gets hurt.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Plus, teams can not have too much pitching, especially when it comes to Kerry Wood.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Who will be the closer from May to September?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: 2008 Cubs Closer is....

that is sort of what I was thinking as well.

Not a Cub fan here, but I still say Marmol has the best, most unhittable stuff. Plus he is younger and has proven he can pitch out of the bullpen on consective days.

Turn 2

I would agree, Give the first legitimate chance to Marmol. I just don't think Wood is going to be able to pitch sometimes 3 days or more staright w/o his arm falling off and Howry has had multiple chances at being a closer and has never really become a premier closer.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Thanks Turn2. Plus Howry is a good set-up guy for the 7th or 8th inning. Give that role to Howry and let Marmol close.

I cant believe this Brewers' fan is trying to help out the Cubs. I must be feeling ill today. I should want Wood to be the closer.

Turn 2

^Hee Hee- I guess the biggest Brewers rivalry is then the Cubbies? Go Kerry Wood!!!!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Probably. It has developed into a good rivalry, but it is no Cubs/Cardinals rivalry yet. It is just because the Cubs fans can drive to Miller Park and see the game in a better stadium. They usually out number Brewers fans at Miller Park, at that is what just fuels my temper. That is just pitful by the Brewers fans. On the other hand, I live apporaximatley75 minutes away as well and dont go as a Brewers fan to Brewers/Cubs either. I have just seen the Cubs games too many times in my lifetime, and I prefer to see other teams also.

Turn 2

Well I think I am about 30 minutes south from Milwaukee, living in Kenosha and I really don't know how far that is from Chicago.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Downtown is NOT far miles wise, but driving time that is an entirely different sitaution. Plus, parking sucks at Wrigley and is expensive as well, if you drive there that is. You could always hope on the train though. There is a stop by Wrigley.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They named me, because my curve is mightier than the sword.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I will keep that in mind at the all-str break whne my Brewers will need more bullpen help because Yost will have overused his current bullpen and they will all pitch with tired arms again. haha..............

Turn 2

Us Brewers Fans have gotten are wish today as Piniella named Kerry Wood as the closer to open the season. This is as reported by CBS Sportsline.Com

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Thanks Turn2. Plus Howry is a good set-up guy for the 7th or 8th inning. Give that role to Howry and let Marmol close.

I cant believe this Brewers' fan is trying to help out the Cubs. I must be feeling ill today. I should want Wood to be the closer.
    Wood's best bet to stay healthy is to be the closer. He'll get less work than Bobby Howry will get, thats for sure. whereas wood being a closer would be around the 65 IP mark, Howry will push 80 IP again this year. setup men generally get more work than a closer really.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast