2. Ryan Theriot, SS
    3. Derrek Lee, 1B
    4. Cliff Floyd, RF
    5. Aramis Ramirez, 3B
    6. Mark DeRosa, 2B
    7. Jacque Jones, CF
    8. J. Kendall/G. Soto*
    9. (pitcher)

*-Piniella said he'll base the catching decision on the speed of the other lineup and other factors. With Arizona's team speed, that could mean more of Soto in the first-round series than Kendall.

NLDS Rotation (Source: 670 the Score, Chicago Tribune)
    Game 1: Zambrano (October 3rd) @ AZ
    Game 2: Hill (October 4th) @ AZ
    Game 3: Lilly (October 6th) V.s. AZ
    Game 4: Zambrano (October 7th) V.s. AZ
    Game 5: Lilly (October 9th) @ AZ

Starters (3): Zambrano, Ted Lilly, Rich Hill
    Relievers (8): Ryan Dempster, Howry, Marmol, Wuertz, Hart, Eyre, Kerry Wood, Marquis.
    Infielders (6): Derrek Lee, Aramis Ramirez, Mark DeRosa, Ryan Theriot, Fontenot, Cedeno.
    Outfielders (6): Jones, Pie, Murton, Alfonso Soriano, Cliff Floyd, Daryle Ward.
    Catchers (2): Soto, Jason Kendall.

Notes:
    - Geovany Soto will be the starting catcher in Game 1

- Marshall will hang around in case the Cubs need him in the next round, while Steve Trachsel will not be given another opportunity to pitch for the Cubs.

"I think we're going to try and stretch Marshall out in Instructional League," Hendry said, referring to the Cubs facility in nearby Mesa. "If we're fortunate enough to go to 7-game series after this, he could be bigger factor in this."

- The Monroe decision was difficult, since he hit five post-season home runs last year with Detroit and was brought in for his ability to hit left-handers.

"We're going to keep (Matt) Murton and not Monroe, and go with Felix Pie for defense," Hendry said.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: NLDS Roster

i can live with this roster. a bit surprised that Kevin Hart made it and not ohman, but our relievers are good enough against lefties that we dont need two lefties when one of them is not very good.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    i can live with this roster. a bit surprised that Kevin Hart made it and not ohman, but our relievers are good enough against lefties that we dont need two lefties when one of them is not very good.
    I have to agree with you about Ohman. A little surprised there. But other than that, I think there aren't any real surprises there. I'm comfortable with the decisions. And I have to say that Soto has impressed me. The catcher position is a pretty touchy subject with me. It's such an important position and all-around catchers are few and far between. (Plus Michael Barrett was my favorite Cub for the last few years and I've still got a bitter taste in my mouth from all that went down this year.) Soto has kinda made me forget that he's playing Michael's position.

I'm excited and more than a little nervous about tonight. Comes with the territory, I suppose.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True.
    And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.
    ~George Will

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Zambrano's pitching on three days rest for Game 4?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    That's what it says. And from cubs.com:
    "We're going to pitch Zambrano [on Wednesday], we're going to pitch Lilly on Thursday, Hill on Saturday and our plans basically are to bring Zambrano back on three days' rest," Piniella said.
    I know that in a short series (5 games) bringing your 1 & 2 starters back is an advantage, but it's gotta be the right #1...not real comfortable with this considering it's Z.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True.
    And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.
    ~George Will

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    thats the part i am most nervous about. of course, you have to play game 4 for it to matter.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    Ohman isn't that good. Hart pitched in some big games down the stretch with a 0.82 ERA. Plus Pinella really likes his stuff. He's a great addition to the post season roster.