Thread: Cubs Claim Stewart

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cubs Claim Stewart

"Outfielder Shannon Stewart was claimed off waivers by the Cubs, according to a high-placed major-league source. "I heard something like that," Stewart said before flying with the A's to Detroit. "I really don't know what to say about it. I like the guys here. I like the team here." The A's can either negotiate a trade with the Cubs or pull back Stewart from the waiver wire."
    I guess the Cubs don't think Pie can do the job. Pagan and Soriano are on the DL so maybe it makes sense.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Cubs Claim Stewart

It solves there lead-off spot and outfielder need all in one player. That makes me mad that the Brewers didn't block that , by claiming him also!!!! Oh well, wait til '08, I guess!

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Cubs Claim Stewart

Nice pick up by the Cubs. Their outfield is really shallow right now.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I wonder what Beane will do...I'm guessing he'll go along and trade him and hopefully get someone good in return, but who knows.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I'm not sure Brewer but I don't think the Brewers could have blocked the claim because they have a better record than the Cubs. I could be wrong but I thought that was the way it was done.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

that sounds right, now that you say that. I hope the Brewer do something too!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Winnig a ball game would be a good start.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Yes it would. I am tired of being frustrated, I want to see the Brewers do something positive for the fans for once. The fans have come to see them in large amounts, they are just sitting at the edge of their seats to have something to cheer about!!!

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

supposedly, other teams have put a claim in...it was just known that the Cubs definitely put a claim. I read that it will all be sorted out this weekend, but only the team that won the claim (and the A's of course) would be notified. They then would have a 48 hour window to work something out, pull Stewart back, or just let him go for nothing.

And yes, the team with the worst record gets first dibs...and I thought that it also went by league first. i.e. the Red Sox would win a claim before any NL team...I remember reading about that last year, but I could be mistaken...regardless, we'll find out soon enough.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Hey Thanks Providence. I was drawing a huge blank of the proper procedure in waivers. Good job!!