Thread: Soriano Out 2-4 Weeks

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Soriano Out 2-4 Weeks

Alfonso Soriano is expected to miss 2-4 weeks after suffering a strained right quadriceps Sunday night.
    "It's going to be a tough loss. I don't know what we'll do," manager Lou Piniella said. "Losing Soriano is the toughest thing about this homestand." With Soriano out, the Cubs may choose to recall prospect Felix Pie from Triple-A. If not, Matt Murton and Mike Fontenot figure to pick up playing time, with Mark DeRosa potentially sliding to the outfield more often. Losing Soriano is a huge blow to the Cubs, who are one game back of the Brewers in the NL Central. Soriano has hit .297 with 18 homers, 42 RBI, 74 runs, 18 steals and an 847 OPS in 105 games.
    A real blow to the Cubs surge in the Central. I say the Cubs bring up Pie as he is a real exciting type player.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Soriano Out 2-4 Weeks

I heard that. That sucks for the Cubs and Soriano. Pinella will re-group his team and they will continue to battle, cause the Brewers are proving they are NOT going to run away with the division. They are allowing the Cubs to hang around.

MLB ERA

Re: Soriano Out 2-4 Weeks

I saw it happen during the game last night.

Brutal.

MLB ERA

I saw it last night too, didn't look like it felt to good. Big blow to the cubbies. They were really makin a surge towards the Brewers and they still are but I don't know who good they will do with out Soriano. I'm sure they will catch the Brewers but now I think it will take a little longer for the Cubs to do it.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Ouch. The Cubs has hit a speed bump on this one.