Thread: Here We Go Again

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Here We Go Again

Cubs activated RHP Kerry Wood from the 60-day disabled list.

Wood figures to work his way back into the bullpen mix as a middle reliever, but could quickly find himself in a late-inning role if he can remain healthy for once.
    With the Cubs surging like they are, Wood is going to try and be a factor in the divison race. I predict a 4.35 ERA after it is all done which might be only 5 games.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Here We Go Again

If he stays healthy, he could be a great boost for the Cubs bullpen!!!! Possibly even take over the closer's role, who knows?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Here We Go Again

Kerry Wood pitched a scoreless seventh inning Sunday night, taking the mound for the first time since June of last season.
    Returning from shoulder problems, Wood had the Wrigley Field crowd chanting his name as he retired Paul Lo Duca on the first pitch he threw. If he can remain healthy, Wood figures to quickly take on a prominent role in the Cubs' bullpen.
    So far so good. Did anyone see him pitch tonight? The guy looks like a toothpick now. He lost some major weight.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Here We Go Again

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    So far so good. Did anyone see him pitch tonight? The guy looks like a toothpick now. He lost some major weight.
    i was at the game. he looked good. the flashes on the cameras were crazy while he was pitching.

he made a conscious effort to lose a lot of weight in the offseason. i think he dropped like 30 lbs.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Here We Go Again

I saw him pitching on ESPN tonight and couldn't believe the amount of waight he had lost. He looked like he was 12 out there. Still has a babyface. He looked healthy, very impressive!!