Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New stud on the horizon?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers New stud on the horizon?

Rich Hill was dominating again today. New E.RA is 0.64. NICE!! Carlos Zmbrano who?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: New stud on the horizon?

This kid looks incredible, I'm kicking himself for passing on him in so many fantasy drafts because I didn't know anything about him.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    This kid looks incredible, I'm kicking himself for passing on him in so many fantasy drafts because I didn't know anything about him.
    He's been saying hi to you in the Cubs banner all season. (Either that or getting quite close to throwing a pitch straight to Aramis Ramirez.)

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Rich Hill was dominating again today. New E.RA is 0.64. NICE!! Carlos Zmbrano who?
    hwa food this year, thats for sure.

still, i like him so far this year, but in 2006 got his ASS KICKED in late mat until june when he went down (he came back and kicked ass in late august)
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

hes got a filthy curveball, i remember him from last years series with the yankees. im pretty sure we torched him... but he still had a nice curveball.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Speaking of new stud, Felix Pie had his debut just now and he is 1 for 6 tonight. He has a key RBI that lead a rally and is batting leadoff for the Cubs. I know the expectations are high on this kid and that Cubs fans do not expect him to replace Soriano's talent. But isn't it great to se him in his debut?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

He had a key RBI? Hey, he's tied with Soriano!
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

another 8 IP of shutout ball for hill. his BAA is a preposterously low .113

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: New stud on the horizon?

Some body has found a new ace!! It's a good thing Zambrano predicted himself the CY Young, that took all the pressure off Hill! Good job to the present ace!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hill's curve tonight was just straight filthy. Zambrano needs to get his act together if he wants that big money and more importantly a playoff start.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

So Hill doesn't just kill Reds hitters. This guy is pretty amazing. I think he is pretty deceptive for hitters as they just cannot hit that curve ball that breaks right over the heart of the plate. Pretty nasty indeed.

Reds fans were frustarted when he made the Reds hitters look foolish. It is nice to see that he is doing that to everybody.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Experts say his curveball is as good, if not better than Zito's. Well, I say lets not get carried away yet, but things are looking on the up and up for Rich Hill though. Nice to see young talent starting to show. The future looks bright for him.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Experts say his curveball is as good, if not better than Zito's. Well, I say lets not get carried away yet, but things are looking on the up and up for Rich Hill though. Nice to see young talent starting to show. The future looks bright for him.
    I'd say its better than zito's. Not quite as good as Boomer's in his prime (and Wells' was much better than Zito's) but he's got the hammer just like Boomer.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I would say that today it may be better than Zito's, but Zito has been pitching for a longer time and the hitters have had a chance to see it now for many years, and I believe that by Zito going to the NL, It will allow him to have more success again. Less of a chance of hitters seeing his curveball from when he was in the AL. Rich Hill is VERY promising, I just want to see him pitch successfully for several years. So far, so good for him though. As you probably can imagine, I am NOT a Cub fan, but it is refreshing to see young talent succeed and that is what I love about htis game. A do consider myself a baseball purist, and I want to see every team have quality players so there is a higher level of competition.

So, again, don't get me wrong here, this post is not intended to be a knock against Rich Hill, I just want to see him remain consistent and successful for years to come. No, one hit wonder kind of thing.

I do wish him good luck and continued success in the future, just no more dominating my Brewers like he did Easter weekend. j/k, it is all in good fun.

MLB ERA

I've had the privilege of seeing this kid pitch several games in AAA. He has great stuff and just needed to gain confidence that he could pitch at the major league level.
    The sky is the limit for him, IMO.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast