Thread: Prior Watch

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Prior Watch

Mark Prior had to leave his extended spring start after two innings Thursday because of shoulder soreness and is scheduled to see Dr. Lewis Yocum.
    It figures. Prior seemed to making progress during the second half of the spring, but it was clear he wasn't completely right after the Cubs decided not to send him to Triple-A to begin the year. It might already be time to write him off for 2007.
    I just don't how Cubs fans can stand this. Cubs need to focus on Zambrano and forget about Wood and Prior. Prior the Royal has a nice ring to it.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Prior Watch

what a surprise, Prior, complaining about sore arm, collect $$$, not play... man, i am so jealous!!! hahaha! wood has trained him well!!!

Not a Cub fan, but they really do need to cut ties with both of them. Oh wait, thats right, they just re-signed both of them. hehehehe!!!!

nice job Cubs!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Prior Watch

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    what a surprise, Prior, complaining about sore arm, collect $$$, not play... man, i am so jealous!!! hahaha! wood has trained him well!!!

Not a Cub fan, but they really do need to cut ties with both of them. Oh wait, thats right, they just re-signed both of them. hehehehe!!!!

nice job Cubs!
    lets see, wood is nothing to the cubs. he was going to be bullpen fodder, thats all. his contract for this year is not even a dent in their payroll. Whats 1.5 million when you have a payroll over 100 million? and if you knew Wood, you would know that its not like he is babying himself out there. His body is garbage, in addition to horseshit mechanics that makes his garbage body even worse.

as for prior. He wasnt "resigned" as he was (and will be until after 2008) still cubs property. They could have nontendered him, i suppose, but it didnt hurt their chances this year by resigning him. As for him physically and mentally: His mind is tin and he regressed mechanically after his freak injuries . I have little use for him anymore and if he could ever figure things out, itd be nice. he'll have to do it somewhere else as i doubt he will be tendered again after this year.

you make it sound like they made some serious mistake this year when it came to having them on the team when in reality they werent expected to do much (prior was never slated to be more than a #5 starter this year and wood a midreliever which are a dime a dozen)
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

well personally I don't care either way about what the Cubs do with Prior and Wood. I guess I just jumped on the bashing bandwagon with other Cub fans that I am friends with. If the Tribune wanted throw money around, they should have gone after another pitcher(s) with the $$$ spent on those two. They were and still are a high risk gamble. But in a large market with money to spend, I guess they could afford that gamble. I guess that is one of the casualities of have a small market team as your favorite team!! In that case that would be my bad, cause I have had my share of frustrations with some the financial decisions that the Brewers have made in the past as well!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Prior Watch

if they were a smaller market (even down to say 70 million) I would condemn the Prior tendering and the Wood re-signing. of course, if their payroll was significantly lower, i doubt they are on the roster this year.

the thing about large payrolls is that they allow for bigger mistakes and flexibility than smaller payrolls can absorb.

its frustrating to some extent, dont get me wrong, to see them struggle, but it doesnt bother me as much since i think the cubs rotation is stronger this year by a significant margin than at any other time in recent years except for the blip in 2003.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

point taken here.... fair enough... you seem to be a true Cub fan, and stick with their decision(s) through thick and thin. good luck to you this year!