Thread: Rich Hill Impressive

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Rich Hill Impressive

one hit (a homer) over 7 IP with no walks. had a spot of trouble in the sixth then got out of it no problems. had 5 perfect innings at the start. let 3 straight runners get on in the 6th (including the homer, then two errors, including an error on ramirez that the milwaukee announcers thought was the wrong call and an error on hill himself throwing to second) before getting the final 6 outs.

nice job hill!
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Rich Hill Impressive

Maybe the X-factor for the Cubs season, if he can turn in a nice performance for them this year...the rotation certainly has its fair share of question marks behind Zambrano and that would be huge if he can solidify his spot with starts like this.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Rich Hill Impressive

First of all, congrats on the series win this weekend. Rich Hill did look good in his season debut. I think he really started to turn the corner last year in the Sept. call-ups. I feel he has gained his confidence and is going to be the key to your pitching after Zambrano. They just may have the 1-2 punch a good rotation needs.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Rich Hill Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    First of all, congrats on the series win this weekend. Rich Hill did look good in his season debut. I think he really started to turn the corner last year in the Sept. call-ups. I feel he has gained his confidence and is going to be the key to your pitching after Zambrano. They just may have the 1-2 punch a good rotation needs.
    youre right. the second time he came up (actually his second call up came in august and thats where he started to turn the corner) he attacked the zone instead of nibbling. when he attacks the zone, his curve gets over and some compare it to the level of David Wells in terms of nastiness. and when thats working, his fastball really works too.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Rich Hill Impressive

Hill could be your savior this year. As much as it pains me to admit it, I respect other teams players most of the time, and my overall love and appreciation of the game is why I can admit to enjoying other team's players perform when they are improving their game or in the "elite" status of their craft.