Thread: Wrigley Field

MLB ERA

Wrigley Field

Quote Originally Posted by ballparksofbaseball.com
    Ballpark Visited: Wrigley Field Submitted By: Tina Grade: D
    Pros of the ballpark: Very close to public transportation... so you can hurry and get out of there!
    Cons of the ballpark: I think asking $40.00 to park in an alley is very disturbing. This place does not have any suitable parking unless you are willing to pay $30.00 to park in the drive thru at McDonalds. The entire venue smells like a nasty toilet. When You actually need to use the bathroom you have to walk around the entire stadium and levels down just use it. This is NOT a kid friendly place at all. Children that show up have absolutely nothing to do but sit b/w a bunch a people who don't even watch the game, drink beer the entire time and only show some life when the 7th inning stretch comes around- that or when its a pop up in the middle of the infield. Another HUGE con of this stadium is the team, but don't get me started on that I don't think there is enough typing space for all of that.
    Additional Comments: They also need a new staff... they are rude, they don't do their job and also it's terrible that they have worked there since they last won World Series in 1908! It is also true that they are rude as people come into the stadium. They wouldn't let us bring in a small flag during an interleague game because that was considered a weapon. (the flag was of the other team) After we requested to speak to someone about it, they got angry when I questioned them that "if its considered a weapon, then why do they sell mini flags in the stadium?" They made us stand outside while we talked w/ guest services and let numerous people carrying the exact flag (of both cubs and the interleague team) enter the stadium. Talk about terrible staff and service. I will never go back to that stadium. Even if the ticket is free that still costs too much.
    I like to go to Ballparks of Baseball every once in a while and look at current and past ballparks. I happen to look at Wrigley Field when I came across this comment about it. Is it really this bad?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    ummm, how about no? first off, the ballpark is in a neighborhood, so of course there arent going to be any big team lots. second of all, to park in one of the lots that are offsite within walking distance, most of them are actually 10 bucks. The only ones that are actually 30 bucks are the ones right across the street.

second point: Kids under the age of 7 dont belong at the game anyways. they belong with a sitter. Its an old ballpark. does she really ****ing believe that an old ballpark is going to have all the new wrinkles? i mean, seriously.

Third point: Bathrooms. of course there arent enough bathrooms really. Are there ever at any ballpark? Its not like they have one bathroom for both men and women.

As for terrible staff: Not really. Its no better or worse than any other ballpark ive been to (comerica, old county stadium, miller park, comiskey to name a few).

Sounds like Tina is just a big douchebag.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Alright, I was just curious. I've never been to Chicago or Wrigley so I didn't know. I've never been to a ballpark like the one she has claimed Wrigley is.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AA ERA
    I haven't been since... oh 2001? Back then I didn't notice anything wrong with it. Grandparents drove so I can't spealk on parking but I was 13 at the time, and I thought the atmosphere was pretty awesome and it was a great ballpark.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    ummm, how about no? first off, the ballpark is in a neighborhood, so of course there arent going to be any big team lots. second of all, to park in one of the lots that are offsite within walking distance, most of them are actually 10 bucks. The only ones that are actually 30 bucks are the ones right across the street.

second point: Kids under the age of 7 dont belong at the game anyways. they belong with a sitter. Its an old ballpark. does she really ****ing believe that an old ballpark is going to have all the new wrinkles? i mean, seriously.

Third point: Bathrooms. of course there arent enough bathrooms really. Are there ever at any ballpark? Its not like they have one bathroom for both men and women.

As for terrible staff: Not really. Its no better or worse than any other ballpark ive been to (comerica, old county stadium, miller park, comiskey to name a few).

Sounds like Tina is just a big douchebag.
    haha yeah i totally agree. Doesn't sound like she really knows what she was talking about.