Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicago Cubs News

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Floyd as a part time player is less of a risk. He is just a year removed from a career high 34 homers.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

A veteran with talent as an insurance policy. This could actually pan out for the Cubs.

Stats dont lie, morons do Bob Sacamento's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Side bar on Rusch:

Bad- He SUCKED as a Brewer!! I mean it was like that dude for the Mets that lost like 17 games in a row, His name is drawing a blank in my head right now, but that is how bad he was with the Brewers!!!! He lost like 14 games in a row, or somewhere in that neighborhood.
    The guy for the Mets that you keep drawing a blank on is Anthony Young. From May 6, 1992 to July 24, 1993, he lost 27 consecutive games, the longest in MLB history. After stopping his losing streak on July 28th 1993 (in relief), the Cubs traded for him during the offseason, giving up Jose Vizcaino. AY won his first game in nearly two years as a starter on May 4th, 1994, he then went on to win his next two starts.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Ah yeah, thanks. I appreciate the assist!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamento
    The guy for the Mets that you keep drawing a blank on is Anthony Young. From May 6, 1992 to July 24, 1993, he lost 27 consecutive games, the longest in MLB history. After stopping his losing streak on July 28th 1993 (in relief), the Cubs traded for him during the offseason, giving up Jose Vizcaino. AY won his first game in nearly two years as a starter on May 4th, 1994, he then went on to win his next two starts.
    Hey Bob...you gotta update those Farnsworth stats in your profile to reflect his sometimes suckiness as a Yankee.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Stats dont lie, morons do Bob Sacamento's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653
    Hey Bob...you gotta update those Farnsworth stats in your profile to reflect his sometimes suckiness as a Yankee.
    Can't, or else I have to resize my fire Hendry pic and I'm too lazy to do that.

Besides Farnsy did quiet well in his first full season in the hardest division in baseball, right around his career average. My bet is that his numbers are only going to improve in 2007. From July to the end of the season, he was 4/4 in saves, going 30 IP giving up 24 H, 13 ER, 7 BB, 25 K, 3.90 ERA, 1.03 WHIP, .210 BAA

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Kerry Wood is not expected to throw off the mound for a few days after he slipped this week getting out of a hot tub at home.
    Amazingly, he didn't injure his arm in the fall. Wood said he landed on his stomach and chest, and since it's coming from him -- and not the Cubs -- we'll give him the benefit of the doubt. "It was just a little spill," Wood said. "I didn't think anything of it. Nothing's wrong. It's just going to be a few extra days. My arm feels great. My body feels good."
    THe headache will never go away. This guy needs to live in a rubber house with a doctor's care 24/7.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    He just needs to be shot and put out of his misery. I cant understand the guy. Injury prone for sure. He wont make it out of camp without a DL stint and he will miss the first month of the season. All the talent in the world and he cant stay healthy!

Don't most people have a towel on the floor so shit like that won't happen?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Just finished watching the "Bubble Boy" episode of Seinfeld...that will probably be Kerry Wood in a few years.

Moops!
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Hey Cubs front office, I have a great idea for you. Why don't you keep signing Wood and Prior and waste some more of the Tribune's money!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12