Thread: Barrett out for 3 weeks

Cubs Barrett out for 3 weeks

According to trainer Mark O'Neal, Michael Barrett will miss at least two to three weeks after undergoing surgery to repair bleeding inside his scrotum.
    If Barrett has a chance of returning, we don't see why the Cubs bothered placing him on the 15-day disabled list. Still, it probably won't matter. Barrett was was scheduled to be released from Northwestern Memorial Hospital on Sunday. Henry Blanco is going to fill if for him, perhaps for the rest of the season.

Bleeding inside his scrotum? Ouch.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Dude, that has got to be a nasty pain. I couldn't even imagine. Anyone know what came of this?

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Dude, that has got to be a nasty pain. I couldn't even imagine. Anyone know what came of this?
    yah, hes done for the year and was just released last night from the hospital. cant be anything worse for a guy to have happen than bleeding in the scrotum.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Man, I am sorry to hear that. If it were me, I would be done for the year too. This is as legit an injury as I have seen. An odd as well.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There's surgery available to fix internal scrotum bleeding? Ah, the marvels of medicine.