Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kerry's moving to the bullpen next year.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kerry's moving to the bullpen next year.

Assuming, of course, that he's able to stay off the DL.
    Kerry Wood said Wednesday that he has decided against having surgery to repair his injured right shoulder and that he intends to return next season as a reliever.
    Wood, who has a partially torn rotator cuff, kept having setbacks as he reached 60-70 pitches in his throwing sessions. Rehab and shorter outings may give him the best chance of contributing next season. Where he'll be trying his comeback is anyone's guess. The Cubs will buy out his option year, and they have enough well compensated relievers as is. He'll probably take an incentive-laden deal elsewhere. Aug. 2 - 11:20 pm et

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    eh, i doubt he will succeed there either. Look up Injury Prone in the dictionary and you will see his face with it.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    If he is limited to pitching now more than 2 or 3 innings every once in a while I think he could be a dominating reliever. I just wish he hadn't had all these injury problems. He was such a dominating starting pitcher when healthy it would have been fun to see what kind of career numbers he could put up.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    He might as well retire.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Excuse me but isn't he a FA after this season? Why in the hell would they try and retain him? Use that money to get someone worth a goddamn.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Excuse me but isn't he a FA after this season? Why in the hell would they try and retain him? Use that money to get someone worth a goddamn.
    he's a FA if the team doesnt pick up his option. so unless they sign him to a low base offer ($1M) with incentives yep hes gone.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    how much is the option?

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    how much is the option?
    13.5 mil, buyout is 3 million.

MLB ERA
    wow yea, no way they pick that up...well, at least I wouldn't pick that up

MLB ERA
    Even if he does throw in relief, him and his shoulder are bound to get hurt.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    wow yea, no way they pick that up...well, at least I wouldn't pick that up
    no they wont. still. if the cubs say hey we will give you 500K automatic and up to say Ryan Dempster territory (just a bit over 3+) in bonuses, i say do it. Its not like the cubs cant afford it and the bullpen, you need every great option you can get!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    no they wont. still. if the cubs say hey we will give you 500K automatic and up to say Ryan Dempster territory (just a bit over 3+) in bonuses, i say do it. Its not like the cubs cant afford it and the bullpen, you need every great option you can get!
    yea, an incentive laden deal is all he could really hope for...look what the Big Hurt has done with that...24 homers and 67 RBIs for the A's and only 1 trip to the DL (which was planned somewhat as they were going into NL parks where there would be no DH)...no one, except maybe the A's, thought they'd get that kind of production out of him. A lot of so-called "experts" said he was done...I hope he comes back next season with the A's to get 500 homers...he's got 472 now

AA ERA
    I could see it working, assume it will.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The Cubs have to get rid of this headache! Everytime they hear Wood is on the DL it makes the team and city just want o jump off a roof. They have to start getting winners and Wood has never been one. Use the money to get new blood, not old shit!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I agree with reefer. I think this team completely just unfolds when another piching injury is intact. Going to relief may help, but getting rid of him all together would help even more. He has made more problems for this team than good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast