Thread: Question on Prior

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Question on Prior

I know his record is abismal right now but that is mostly due to the fact that his health has not been 100%. Are the Cubs and their fans hoping that he can turn it around again? Can tonight be his comeback to success? Will he ever be what he could have been?

MLB ERA
    He'd be having a pretty good year right now if Dusty Baker knew when to pull his pitchers.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    He'd be having a pretty good year right now if Dusty Baker knew when to pull his pitchers.
    he'd be having a good year if he wasnt pitching like a pussy.

there have been more than a few murmurs that prior really wasnt all that banged up and that he was upset about being the subject of trade rumors in the offseason. Like he made his injuries seem worse than they really were.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Wow, I never knew that was going on. Do you think he would really be like that? My respect for him would drop immensly if this were true.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Wow, I never knew that was going on. Do you think he would really be like that? My respect for him would drop immensly if this were true.
    i dont think he was entirely jaking it. I DO know considering just how many sources have said it that he was very unhappy about the trade talk. But what was Hendry was supposed to say when asked about a certain guy? He has to consider all offers.

but i still think he is a sissy and doesnt know how to handle pain. He just seems soft. Its not like Wood where you see him going out there grinding and trying to get back on the mound yet just cant get there because he shreds another body part. Prior is just "fatigued" or whatever.

Im just getting sick of the shit thats going on. and tonights game certainly doesnt help. me drunk could have pitched better.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    he'd be having a good year if he wasnt pitching like a pussy.

there have been more than a few murmurs that prior really wasnt all that banged up and that he was upset about being the subject of trade rumors in the offseason. Like he made his injuries seem worse than they really were.
    If he weren't injured, something tells me it would have taken him less than 10 starts (minors and majors) to get back his velocity and some of his control. Not to mention how hard it is to feign the severity of an injury, seeing as doctors tend to be there to examine the players...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Well your knowledge of Prior brings newfound dislike my way rockin. Seriously, who doesn't play to their best of their ability no matter what the situation?

Its cool to be pissed if you want to, but still do your job 100%. What a baby!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    well, mad dog called some players out by saying that sometimes you have to deal with pain and have to get out there.

there really werent too many other banged up players other than D. Lee and Prior when he made those comments. (Wood doesnt count because i think his arm is literally blown up)

and mckain, when the club isnt entirely sure whats up, you have to wonder. I mean, he WAS in good health when he finished the year. and then he suffers a mysterious malady in January (respiratory illness) and then a shoulder problem mysteriously crops up out of nowhere? Can you blame people for wondering about his mental toughness?