Thread: Woe-hack to the Cubs?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Woe-hack to the Cubs?

MIAMI -- It wouldn't be surprising to see Tony Womack show up at Wrigley Field this weekend as the Cubs' starting second baseman against the Atlanta Braves. "I'm hearing good reports on him,'' manager Dusty Baker said Wednesday. "I'm hearing he is playing pretty good. We'll address that when I get home. It's not a bad option.''

The Cubs are off today, and Baker and general manager Jim Hendry could have Womack in the house by Friday. The 12-year major-league veteran was in Class AAA Iowa's lineup Wednesday night in Sacramento, Calif., which is familiar turf to Baker.
    "I talked to people out in Sacramento [on Tuesday], and they told me Womack was playing good,'' Baker said. "They said he wants to play good enough to force me to call him up. That's fine with me.''
    What makes Womack look even better is that Jerry Hairston and Neifi Perez have given no offensive spark when they've started at second while Todd Walker replaces the injured Derrek Lee at first base.
    Walker has started at second only five times in the Cubs' last 14 games, with the other starts going to Perez or Hairston. The starting second basemen are a combined 6-for-44 in that period with two runs scored and two RBI.
    "It's been a tough spot, yeah,'' Baker said. Womack batted .467 with an RBI and three stolen bases in his first five games with Iowa through Tuesday. The Cincinnati Reds released Womack earlier this year, and he could be on the Cubs' roster before the Reds open a series at Wrigley on Monday.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/cubs/...t-cubnt25.html
    This could only mean worse news for this team IMO. Womack really is not a good option whether he is playing well right now or not. But with all these injuries the Cubs may be very desperate. With a move like this, they are desperate indeed.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    When did he get signed by the Cubs?
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am not too sure on that man. I never heard about it either or else I just forgot as it isnt anything special at all.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    he's at AAA playing for the Iowa Cubs because he ran into Daric Barton and broke a bone in Barton's elbow putting him out 6 - 8 weeks. I don't know if he ran into him, it was collision in general...they ran into each other, ok?

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    I am not too sure on that man. I never heard about it either or else I just forgot as it isnt anything special at all.
    he signed with em about a week or so ago.

he was probably signed because hairston is sucking ass again.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    grrrrrreat. he was called up.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1