Thread: Cubs @ Cardinals - 4/20

Cubs @ Cardinals - 4/20

Zambrano is pitching great at Busch. He struck out Pujols with 3 pitches, and it was the only second time Pujols had stuck out this season plus spring training. He's also hitting well at the box. Had an RBI triple back in the second inning. 3-1 Cubs, top of the 7th.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Well, Nomar was out of the game early when he slipped while leaving the batter's box. He was carried off the field - a pulled groin injury.
    Nomar injured
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

AA ERA
    I'm worried about Nomar. Hopefully some time off will help him recover.

Z goes 8 2/3 and then Hawkins comes in to end it. Good win 3-1.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    8 and 2/3??!?!?! let him finish and get the complete game for my fantasy points dang it!

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    8 and 2/3??!?!?! let him finish and get the complete game for my fantasy points dang it!
    I hear ya, but we DO have horrible luck with our starting pitchers, so we cannot afford to lose Big Z.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Awesome win tonight. Winning a game at Busch is huge. I would be happy to split this 2-game series with the Cards, knowing Dempster is pitching, I am not that excited. Even though he has been pitching great the last 2 games, but I still don't trust him that much, especially against the Cardinals.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

AA ERA
    Yea this was real big. 2 straight too so that is good. Sucks that Nomar is down but this means Harriston and Nefi will probably both be playing so I guess that debate ends.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by aTrUeCUBsFaN
    I hear ya, but we DO have horrible luck with our starting pitchers, so we cannot afford to lose Big Z.
    you werent going to lose him on a coupla pitches. his problem was a blister. no biggie.

it aint no pulled groin. that thing is severely strained or torn. well, its a good thing neifi is around to back up. otherwise we would be screwed totally.

and it would be nice if latroy can make that save a bit less chaotically

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    and it would be nice if latroy can make that save a bit less chaotically
    Latroy cannot do that. Are you guys watching the game? Len was reporting that Nomar could miss between 3 months til the end of the season?
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    at work so im listening to it on radio. and bruce levine of WMVP broke that news about an hour or so ago. minimum two months out, most likely the season, especially if he has surgery. there hasnt been any decision on whether he will have surgery or not.

. This is the worst news. We have the worst luck in baseball.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!