Thread: Red Saux trying to lure Rocket back

Red Sox Red Saux trying to lure Rocket back

According to WEEI, Roger Clemens had dinner with Red Sox GM Theo Epstein and interim pitching coach Al Nipper on Sunday night and met members of the team on Monday.
    We're guessing this wasn't what Rangers owner Tom Hicks had in mind when he invited Clemens to Opening Day. The Red Sox have taken advantage and used the time to try to lure the 43-year-old back to Boston, with David Ortiz, Tim Wakefield and Josh Beckett among those talking to him today. Clemens isn't expected to decide on his future for at least another month.

"Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General

I really don't want him back, I respect the fact that he is a great pitcher, and I respect that he is the "ultimate competitor". That being said... He's still a first class a-hole. I don't know if I could deal with having him and David Wells both.

Eh, can't hurt to have him if the FO has nothing better to spend the cash on. Still don't like him
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Rookie ERA
    If he came to the Sox would that mean Wells would be gone.

I'd like to see him go back, maybe it'd help mend some fences for him there. Come in with the Red Sox, go out with the Red Sox. I still say he should be wearing a Boston cap when he goes to the HOF.

AA ERA
    Regardless of what's happened in the past, I would take him any way I could get him.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett