Thread: Beckett pitches well, but he is a pissy little dude

Beckett pitches well, but he is a pissy little dude

Josh Beckett yielded two runs in six innings and struck out six Sunday in a win over the Phillies.
    The benches cleared at the end of Beckett's outing. Ryan Howard, who struck out looking his first two times up, hit a long fly to center in the sixth and watched the ball a bit before beginning his trip around the bases. Unfortunately for him, the wind was blowing in at the time and knocked the ball down for a long flyout. Beckett didn't appreciate being shown up, and the two players nearly came to blows while Beckett was in the dugout and Howard went to first to start the top of the seventh. Actually, it may have only been one blow with Howard involved.

While I am happy that he had a quality start, a good strikeout rate, and so on against a quality lineup, he got a little angry at a guy for showboating. I would have thought that showboating on an out would have been embarassment enough. Plus, I don't think the Sox want to lose their #2 or #3 SP on the account of Ryan Howard killing him, or severely crippling the guy.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    haha, I agree but at the same time I admire Beckett's admiration and respect for the game but he admited he was wrong when he began to yell obsenities at Howard from the dugout.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Rookie ERA
    Yea good to see he's got some fire in him

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    to be fair Howard said he wasn't sure where the ball went right away when he hit so he was trying to find it...it sounds like garbage, but from what I've heard it wasn't like he did a Manny when he that homer in game 5 against the A's in 2003 where he flipped the bat and walked to 1st base watching it the whole time before trotting the rest of the way...man, I wanted to jump through the TV and drill Manny myself! Beckett needs to keep his mouth shut...it's spring training.

Speaking of pissy dudes, the Devil Rays and Red Sox had brawl #28

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2386484

Julian is now a Red Sox.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Ryan Howard can disown Josh Beckett.

Josh better watch out.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic