Thread: David Wells calls someone who isn't Selig an idiot

David Wells calls someone who isn't Selig an idiot

Maybe Francona truly has no humor, maybe Wells is taking the Payton route to getting moved. Whatever, oh the drama!

David Wells said Red Sox manager Terry Francona is an "idiot" for relaying details of their private conversation to the media this week.
    What upsets Wells is that he believed a lighthearted conversation about where everyone would be placed in the Red Sox rotation was put into more serious terms when Francona spoke to the media. "I just kind of told him, I said, `David, as of the fourth of March, you wanted to be traded. Now all of the sudden you want to pitch second [in the rotation].' It's not going to happen," Francona said. "He's going to have to be able to be a little flexible. ... If there's not flexibility on his part too, we're probably going to bump heads a little bit." Wells, who wants to be in the rotation to start the season, thought Francona should have kept his thoughts in the clubhouse. "He took [our conversation] in a jokingly manner," Wells said. "And then he comes out and says that. He's got to check himself. I guess that's the way it is. I can't joke with him anymore because he takes everything serious." It's not the Red Sox without some drama.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Ha ha ha.....actually I feel for the guy if he was just joking around. But he needs to be traded or released. Red Sox without Wells will be better off.

And they he may force my precious Arroyo back to the pen. Oh noes.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Send Wells to the Giants for Jason Ellison and end this shit. Bonds would keep Wells' mouth shut!

Rookie ERA
    I always hated this ass clown, lets trade him ASAP, and get this future clubhouse cancer out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosox21
    I always hated this ass clown, lets trade him ASAP, and get this future clubhouse cancer out of here.
    Ditto!!!!