Thread: Red Sox Relief Pitching: What? Live Arms?

Red Sox Relief Pitching: What? Live Arms?

OK, at this point, the Sox actually have warm bodies to put in the bullpen who aren't Jimmy Anderson or Mike Remlinger!

Keith Foulke was the first veteran into camp, as Johnny from Burger King has some hope for him to return as closer. He didn't throw for long, but he'll be good for opening day, and Sox fans have to hope that is ready as 2004 Keith and not 2005 Keith.

Craig Hansen will likely start the year on a nice major league deal in Pawtucket, but he has the stuff to be very good. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the first long-term callup if he has success in AAA

Jonathan Papelbon will be in the majors, but with seven starters at this point, he could serve in any role from closer to starter and almost anything inbetween.

Bronson Arroyo has done almost everything for this team, and with a nifty contract covering his arbitration years, the Sox have a lot of options. Don't be surprised if dreadlocks starts as a middle reliever

Mike Timlin was the team's relief ace last year, and while he deteriorated as the year went on, he will be next in command (most likely) if Papelbon is starting and Foulke sucks/gets hurt

Julian Tavarez and Rudy Seanez are what they seem: MR Options added in the hope that they will be able to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

Other possibilities for later in the year, such as Jamie Vermilyea (after 3 months on the DL with a pulled eyebrow), Jon Lester, Cla Meredith, Manny Delcarmen, Lenny Dinardo, may be waiting in AAA, providing some, hopeful, mediocre depth.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    on a somewhat related note, in my MVP2005 for the PS2 a computer generated player has the name "Bronson Arrojo" what are the odds of that?

Those odds have to be pretty long, no more long than any other name, but they actually got really close to a real player. Not like Bob Garciaparra or something.

MLB ERA
    well, they typically generate the names from all the first names and last names of players. Isn't "Arrojo" someone's real last name? I've got a "Raul Baez" on my team...Raul Ibanez and Denny Baez combined.

The only Arrojo I remember is Rolando Arrojo from way back (liek, OMG, 4 years ago!). But there may be a new one.

MLB ERA
    they may have stuck some older players names in there to be used to generate new names. I searched on baseball reference.com and the only "Arrojo" that came up was Rolando...4 years ago is right; it said he retired in 2002.

MLB ERA
    it disgusts me to see the red sox getting younger and better in their bullpen. I think it's the key to them having a good year, but im praying it doesnt end up happening.