Thread: Damon a priority...still

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Red Sox Damon a priority...still

http://www.courant.com/sports/baseba...lines-baseball

Hoyer also said the Red Sox remain committed to retaining Damon. There have been discussions about alternatives, but the team has been talking to Damon's agent Scott Boras.

"Our priority really is to bring Johnny back," Hoyer said. "We want to keep him in a Red Sox uniform. Of course we're always looking at alternatives, but our priority is to make sure Johnny is in center field for us."
    Anything at any price? For their sakes, I hope not...

"Anything at any price? For their sakes, I hope not..."

As do I. Johnny is the best CF on the market, but really he's a lot like Konerko to me. I'm not worried about '06 or '07, rather '08 and beyond as his arm gets worse than guys like Pierre and Bernie Williams, he loses speed, and has to wait until his contact and value bottoms out. How long will he be Johnny Damon before he becomes a slower Pierre? That's how long he's worth the price
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    like you said before...a 3 year deal seems adequate

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I think I read on ESPN somewhere that Damon may actually get a 7 year deal! At least it is what Boras is seeking for him. WOW!

MLB ERA
    Well, we've known for quite some time that Boras wants a 7 year deal fro Damon. If someone eactually gives Damon a 7 year deal I'll laugh until my head falls off...seriously

I'm fine with a 7 year deal if he plays for free for the last 3.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Rookie ERA
    its time for the redsox to find another center fielder because damon isnt coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by bosox00
    its time for the redsox to find another center fielder because damon isnt coming back.
    Hit the nail on the head!!!! If he wasn't a Boras client we would have been fine, but the Boras is just using the Sox and every other team to drive the price up. He'll sign wherever there is the most money. All these teams need to just tell Boras to stick it, and refuse to deal with him and his ludicrous requests. Damon says how much he wanted to come back, and the Red Sox made him an overly generous offer IMO. So, Johnny D. if you truly want to come back show it, and accept the offer. If not, shut your damn mouth and get lost. The Red Sox should give him until Christmas eve to make a decision, and then remove their offer and move on.