Thread: 5 reasons to keep Manny

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

5 reasons to keep Manny

Well duh

Ramirez should stay in Boston

FLORIDA TODAY sports copy editor Jim Cawley lists five reasons why the Red Sox should not trade slugging left fielder Manny Ramirez:

1. Dynamic duo. Ramirez and David Ortiz provide the best 1-2 punch in baseball. No matter whom Boston gets in a trade, there will be a dropoff in offensive production.

2. Consistency. Manny's got it -- big time. You can pretty much mark him down for a .300 batting average, 40 home runs and 120 RBI every season. You'd have to go back to 1997 to find the last time he didn't have at least 33 home runs and 107 RBI.

3. World Series MVP. Remember that? It was just last season.

4. Manny being Manny. Ramirez does the "I want to be traded" thing every year. He missed 10 games last season -- mostly because of his antics -- and still batted .292 with 45 homers and 144 RBI.

5. Character. He's an adventure in the outfield who can spice up the occasional boring game.
    but what about his "I won't show up for spring training" garbage? It's obvious he doesn't want to be there. Trading him has never been about skill or playing ability. If he doesn't want to be there and won't play, what can you do?

He can't have it both ways. The Sox are willing to deal him, but if his 10/5 list (I'm assuming he has the status now) doesn't include an easy target (in terms of shipping), like the Mets, tough ****.

The Sox should keep him.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They need to keep him, because they're not going to be able to get equal talent (offensively) in return. And if they lose Damon, more reason to keep Manny's bat around.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Trade his ass, resign Damon, get a half-assed replacement since that is all you are going to get and get some pitching.