Thread: Business in Boston

Business in Boston

In the past I've read on several occasions other teams in baseball criticize the Boston organization and the way they handle things. The Larry Bigbie incident comes to mind quickly, but there have been others also. In light of the last couple weeks even I, being a life long Sox fan, have to wonder, what in the hell is this organization thinking. Take last year, we won it all, and with a manager making one of the lowest salaries of any in baseball, and how has the ownership rewarded him? They haven't!!!! Tony Francona should have had the old contract scrapped less than a month after they won the Series, he should have been given a new more lucrative contract, along with more years. Theo Epstein, same situation, he should have never had to wait until the last day to decide. Theo should have been signed a year ago. Am I angry that Theo got away, not really, but I'm irate at why he left, and how this team has handled these situations. The Red Sox need to learn how to treat people in the organization, I'm not talking about overpaying players (like Pedro wanted), I'm talking about compensating those that should be compensated. They still haven't signed Francona to a new deal, and he could very well walk the way Epstein did at the end of this season. I'm still a Sox fan, and always will be, but it's embarrassing when the organization gets caught with their pants down like this. What are they thinking?

Rookie ERA
    I agree with you this whole thing has been FUBAR. Listeing to WEEI, I think they nailed it when they said if they were to resign Tito or Theo right after they won the Series they would be having to over pay them since they would be at their peek in value. I wouldnt mind over paying if it ment keep good people in place. I hope they get it together, and soon.