Thread: Wells wants out

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Wells wants out

Boston Globe: "With a guaranteed $2.5 million in his contract for 2006, Red Sox lefthander David Wells intends to return for his 20th season in the major leagues, according to an industry source. But Wells, who turns 43 May 20 and plans to have knee surgery this winter, has conveyed to the Red Sox a desire to finish his career on the West Coast -- he has a home near San Diego -- and the Sox have indicated they will try to honor his request."
    Wells had a decent year but he is 43 and coming off knee surgery. Plus he made 9 million last year so I would say get rid of his ass too but to what team? I don't think a NL team will take a chance on him again especially after knee surgery.

Well he's only getting 2.5 mill in guarenteed money this yr, so if I was a west coast team and needed a little bit more pitching to end off my rotation, I'd take the chance on him. But this will probably be his last season. No reason to drag out a career.

MLB ERA
    Seattle's probably desperate enough, after spending so much on offense their pitching (besides a select few) sucked again. If SF still focusing around Barry then theyd probably go for giving Wells a shot.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The Giants have enough old men as it is but it does makes sense for Sabean to get him. He's looking to see if Glavine's option will be picked up which it won't. Yet another oldie. Wells and Glavine would do well in SF but I rather see someone much younger.

I like Wells, but he was simply another #3 starter on a club full of them. Depends if the Sox can get anything useable
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.