Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALDS Thread

Rookie ERA

ALDS Thread

Figured I start this for random thoughts during this series. At 8 am there were alot of cars at Sox Park, this town is getting behind the White Sox. Game 1 should be intresting, lets see if we can keep on shelling Contreas.

Rookie ERA
    Clement obviously didnt have his stuff today. I stiill dont think he's over getting hit in the head in TB. You could see on the nex batter after he got hit, he flinched when a ball was fouled back.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    just be glad you clinched and didn't have to play a playoff game with the Indians because Clement would have started that game...one and done; at least the Sox still have a chance to come back since it's a 5 game series.

Rookie ERA
    This game makes me sick. We have the lead, Graf blows an Dp ball. Our offense quits after scoring 4 runs. were gonna hear all day this team has has their back to the wall last year, but this isnt the same team. No Pete, no D. Low, Schill isnt healthy. Im so mad right now. AHHH

Disappointing as hell, but nothing I can do about it. Every part of the team did not perform to the necessary expectations. Defense had a bad play, offense quit scoring, pitching did give up a big HR. Nothing horrible, but the three combined for a close loss. Tough swallow, but I'm hoping the Sox can at least make it four games. If they can't, well, they're one of the 29 teams that has to lose.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Konerko, Pierzynski, Crede and Everett have some success against Wakefield but the guy you need to watch out for is Rowland. Rowland is 10 for 14 with 4 homers and 8 RBI.

Rowand's stats, especially with how impressive he has been in the field, scare me. Helluva nice player.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Rookie ERA
    He should be a serious Gold glove candidate, after that series vs the Yanks in NY, he showed how good he is.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    boston sweeps the next three games and come up the winner.

(i hope so at any rate)
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    boston sweeps the next three games and come up the winner.

(i hope so at any rate)

So Do I but I dont know

Red Sox Have moved Clement into the Bullpen, for the rest of the series I presume. Today could be the last day of the season. I hope we can win, wakefield has been solid lately, lets just hope our defense comes through and we have some offense.

AAA ERA
    Congrats on a great ride, I know it's tough losing(we might be joining you soon) but this team will always be remembered for what they did last year.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    to be fair, this was not the same team...at least with regards to the pitching staff. No Pedro, no Lowe...replaced with Clement and Wells (not as consistent and choked when needed most)...no healthy Schilling all year. No real closer all year.

Looking back on the season, I'm happy that the Red Sox even made the playoffs. You look back and think of the adversity they went through this year, and then look at what they had, and they really weren't a championship caliber team. Their pitching was among the worst in baseball, from their rotation, to their bullpen, right into the closer. With Schilling hurt, they didn't have a single starter I wanted to see out there in Game 1. It hurts a little to see them get swept, but hopefully this will help Theo see how much we need another pitcher or two for next year. Billy Wagner and a top starter would be a real good start!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly. The offense was there but the pitching was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    to be fair, this was not the same team...at least with regards to the pitching staff. No Pedro, no Lowe...replaced with Clement and Wells (not as consistent and choked when needed most)...no healthy Schilling all year. No real closer all year.

I almost feel the same way about the Yankees. The way they played most of the year and so many starting pitchers injured...amazing they made the playoffs, but I still had higher expectations in the playoffs.

I know how you feel about not having anyone dependable starting game 3...that was the feeling in 2004 for games 4-7. I caution the RedSox on getting any quick fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance324
    Looking back on the season, I'm happy that the Red Sox even made the playoffs. You look back and think of the adversity they went through this year, and then look at what they had, and they really weren't a championship caliber team. Their pitching was among the worst in baseball, from their rotation, to their bullpen, right into the closer. With Schilling hurt, they didn't have a single starter I wanted to see out there in Game 1. It hurts a little to see them get swept, but hopefully this will help Theo see how much we need another pitcher or two for next year. Billy Wagner and a top starter would be a real good start!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast