Thread: Clement

Clement

Just watching the Jays-Bosox game, it looks like this guy is really going to fustrate Sox fans all year. His command really isn't very good, but yet he strikes out guys left and right.

What are Bosox fans saying about this guy so far?

Rookie ERA
    I feel positive about him. Poor showing vs the Jays, but he will get better as the year progresses.

MLB ERA
    The Sox lost both games 4-3. He kept them in both of the games. 2 ER after 4 innings vs. the Yanks, the Sox O couldn't do anything. And 3 ER in 6 innings vs. the Jays. The Sox expect to win if their pitchers only give up 2-3 ER a game. the O needs to pick it up when he is pitching. He is doing exactly as well as he needs to. The Sox should have won both games easily.

Here is his quote after the game:
    "It's nothing alarming, but something that needs to be taken care of. I feel like I've adjusted pretty well and I'm pretty close. But being close isn't going to get the job done. I have to get to where I want to be."
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Impossibles
    Just watching the Jays-Bosox game, it looks like this guy is really going to fustrate Sox fans all year. His command really isn't very good, but yet he strikes out guys left and right.

What are Bosox fans saying about this guy so far?
    typical matt clement. he'll always frustrate you guys. he's a solid pitcher but he has severe control issues. he'll giv e you some great outings, but then he will just give up some stinkers.

He'll be frustrating, but if he can give the 6 IP/3ER games consistantly with maybe a few 7 IP/2ER performances in between, I'll be fine. His control is very poor and I expected that coming in.