OK, misleading title of mine (and his to the max), but I have to credit the reporter on a couple interesting splits that I failed to notice that accounted heavily for his struggle. The Yankees have to hope that any Yankee hecklers won't get on Bellhorn if he starts striking out a lot (not that it matters. I'm still a Bellhorn fan) or he may start struggling. Still interesting

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/31/sp...ll/31pins.html

Bellhorn hit .298 against left-handers last season, but he slumped to .234 against them this year. It was a lost half-season for Bellhorn in Boston, where he said he paid too much attention to hecklers in the stands. The numbers reflected his discomfort at Fenway Park: Bellhorn batted .168 at home and .260 on the road.

It's astounding how bad he'd been in Fenway, typically a very good stadium for hitters that Theo picks out. Not to mention, for a lineup that loses quality in two of their four best hitters (Ortiz/Damon) usually against lefties, his struggles don't help.

Best of luck to Bellhorn, just not enough luck to make the difference between win and loss.