Thread: Wells denied

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Red Sox Wells denied

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2146028

Red Sox pitcher David Wells will sit out six games for pushing an umpire, failing in his attempt to shorten the suspension on Monday and then blasting commissioner Bud Selig for the appeals process and just about everything else.

"I don't know what the point was even having a hearing," Wells said before Boston's game against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. "They said I clearly bumped him and sprayed him with spit. That's coming from a guy that works for the commissioner, so what can you do?"

Wells, who was scheduled to start Friday, will instead pitch Sunday. A spot starter will take Wells' turn and the rest of the rotation will be pushed back a day, manager Terry Francona said.
    surprise surprise

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Man, this guy sure likes to sound off on everything that happens in baseball.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

If what David Wells did was a push, then what Pedro did to Zimmer would classify as first degree murder. Exaggeration to the extreme as Wells didn't really touch the ump, who inexplicably ejected him for arguing with the HP Umpire...when the tosser was at 2nd.

It's a load of crap, and I actually agree with Wells here on all counts, but what can he do. They must have some sort of super hi-definition screen that can see something that ESPN, NESN, and I could not.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Wells is fat, so the umpire must have been intimidated.

However, this is NOT a suspension-worthy offense. Not even close.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2147505

Red Sox left-hander David Wells was summoned to New York to discuss his criticism of baseball commissioner Bud Selig

Wells' agent, Gregg Clifton, was due to take an overnight flight to join Wells for a Wednesday meeting at the commissioner's office that was not expected to include Selig.

Rich Levin, a Selig spokesman, said he had not heard anything about a meeting before he left the office Tuesday evening.
    This gets dumber and dumber

Oh no, David Wells criticized me. It's not like fans around the world think I am a poor commisioner and Wells is a complete blowhard who few take seriously, so I'll call him in!
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I find it hysterical that Wells ended up including a complaint about Selig's role in the 2002 All-Star Game time...LEAVE IT ALONE ALREADY.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

I love David Wells.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    As wacked as it seems...there is truth to his rants no doubt....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    David Wells is awesome. Bringing in the Google smack too.

"Bud Selig needs to resign. That's what he needs to do," Wells said. "He needs to resign and bring someone in who's capable of communicating with the players association and the owners, as well as the players, because there's so much hatred against Bud right now. It's a joke. Nobody likes him."
    "If he has that much passion for the game of baseball, then why isn't he doing something good for it? Name one good thing he's done for the game of baseball. Selig worries about what people say about him and he Googles himself," Wells said. "I'm sure he's going to Google his name tomorrow and say, `Oh, there's Dave talking about me.' You know what? Be a man of your words. He's ducked me for two years."
    "This is just something where Bud is bored. He has no clue. He's clueless," Wells said. "If you say something derogatory toward Bud, he wants an apology. My question is, why is he even wasting his time on something like that? What's the purpose? Does he have to let people know that he's there? Tell him to come talk to me. I've had issues with him the last few years. He said, 'Oh, we need to talk.' He said, 'I'll take you to dinner when I come to Boston.' Has he done it? [Heck] no. He's a piece of [expletive]. And you can quote me on that."