Thread: Filling the Drew quota

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Red Sox Filling the Drew quota

Pending a physical, he's signed for a year.

The Red Sox did not step out of their game plan of signing bridge free agents after adding veteran shortstop Stephen Drew Monday with a one-year, $9.5 million deal.

Drew, the 29-year-old brother of former Sox outfielder J.D. Drew, spent last season with the Diamondbacks and Athletics, appearing in 79 games and batting .223 with a .657 OPS and 7 home runs.
    Red Sox sign the other Drew -- shortstop Stephen - Sports - The Boston Globe

The Sox have signed catcher David Ross (2 years, $6.2 million), Gomes (2 years, $10 million), Napoli (3 years, $39 million; unless there’s an adjustment), Victorino (3 years, $39 million), and Ryan Dempster (2 years, $26.5 million).
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Filling the Drew quota

is it only me, or does anyone else not really care for any of their signings outside of maybe napoli. every thing else feels like a bad ootp gm finally got money and decided he was gonna try to compete regardless of logic.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Shit man, I was actually wanting to say the same thing. NYGF is running the red sox apparently.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Isn't their assistant GM Allard Baird, the same dumbass Kansas City GM who once traded Johnny Damon and Jermaine Dye for veterans Roberto Hernandez and Neifi Perez to try to "compete" instead of getting back some younger players to build around? Maybe that's where the Sox get their logic from.