Thread: Lester delivers the ownage.

Lester delivers the ownage.

Jon Lester struck out 14 and threw a complete-game one-hitter in a 3-0 win for Double-A Portland today.
    The 21 year-old lefty has struck out 25 men his last two games(14 innings) and yielded one walk. Expect Lester's name to come up often in trade talks this month.

Even more impressive is that was in part of a double-header, which in the AA level, is a 7-inning game. The F-Cat's offense isn't that good, but 14 Ks in a one-hitter is just really damn impressive especially since the one hit was an inield single by Jova! Jova! Jova!.

He's either going to be a nice starter or nice trade bait for the Sox.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

More likely the latter.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He was one of the players I wanted included in the Williamson deal. Oh well, I think the guys we got from you are either injured or rehabbing but if he was traded to us, he would of probably had to do the same thing at some point.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Lester and Papplebon probably open next season in the Sox bullpen, working their way to the rotation. Theo has said that that is the way he'd prefer to break in rookies to the majors, a la Arroyo. Think of how much turnover will be going on in the bullpen next season. I think the only guy under contract for next season is Foulke.

The Sox would have to get blown away in a deal for any of their top prospects.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Red Sox could really use some new life coming onto the big league team IMO. Besides, you have some pitchers with pretty nifty K/9 and those are the ones that are hardest to let go.