Thread: Things just keep getting worse

MLB ERA

Red Sox Things just keep getting worse

Or better if you're a Yankees or Rays fan.

"There was a hole in the Red Sox lineup yesterday, one that might be as damaging as any they have had to endure in a season already shocking in the number and severity of injuries it has brought. First baseman Kevin Youkilis went on the disabled list because of a torn adductor muscle in his right thumb, as the Sox' list of wounded continued to grow.

Along with the broken foot suffered by Dustin Pedroia, the injury to Youkilis just might be the most problematic of this campaign for the Sox. And things could get worse, as it could keep him out for the remainder of the season.

Youkilis, who ruptured the muscle on a swing in Monday night's game against Cleveland, was headed for a second opinion today, and if he has to have surgery, it realistically would mean an end to his season, according to general manager Theo Epstein."
    Boston Red Sox - Youkilis has torn thumb muscle - The Boston Globe

You know what is amazing though.. Even with all these injuries they are only 6.5 out of first. I have to hand it to the Sox organization for putting together a pretty good season even with all these injuries they have suffered through. It just sucks for them that they have to be in the AL East with the Yankees and Rays. Sucks to be a Sox fan this year I guess. Lowell comes back, Youk goes down. Story of their season.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Things just keep getting worse

They have stayed in the race because they had an excellent bench. Bill Hall has been a real nice piece for them.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Looks like Youkilis is waving the white flag on the 2010 season. He will have season ending surgery on his thumb and I don't blame him. No need in making worse trying to catch the Rays.

Rookie ERA

That's too bad for Youk, can't say I will miss him in the next Sox/Rays though , he wreaks havoc against us.