Thread: Yankees VS. Red Sox Game Preview

MLB ERA

Red Sox Yankees VS. Red Sox Game Preview

Projected Lineup
    New York Yankees
    1. SS, Derek Jeter 2. 3B, Alex Rodriguez 3. RF, Gary Sheffield 4. DH, Rueben Sierra 5. LF, Hideki Matsui 6. C, Jorge Posada 7. 1B, Jason Giambi 8. CF Bernie Williams 9. 2B Tony Womack SP, Carl Pavano

1.CF, Johny Damon 2. SS, Edgar Renteria 3. LF, Manny Ramirez 4. DH, David Ortiz 5. 1B Kevin Millar 6. 3B Bill Mueller 7. 2B Mark Bellhorn 8. C Jason Varitek9. RF Jay Payton SP, Matt Clement

X-Factors- For the Yankees, Hideki Matsui. He had a wonderful game yesterday, rovving that HR from Millar and then hitting a HR. I think that if Matsui can do that again on Tuesday you might as well chalk up two wins for the Yankees.

For the Red Sox, Matt Clement and Manny Ramirez again. Matt can not and I mean can not go out and let the Yankees hit him like they did David Wells. And for Manny, he has to go out and hit like he did in the ALCS last year. He can't go out and hit like he did yesterday, 0 for 4 with 2 K's, you can't do that espically when you are playing the Yankees.

Game Summary- I think Carl Pavano will pitch like Randy did yesterday about 6,7 or 8 strong innings. The Red Sox will score about none or one points, then Mo will come in and shut it out for us and get his first save. I also think that we will also have a very good hitting day. Also the crowd will play a factor just like they did yesterday.

Yankees WIN, THE YANKEES WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yankees-8, Red Sox-1
    Last edited by BuckFoston; 04-04-2005 at 10:12 PM.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA
    These are not the same Sox that won the World Series last year. That is one thing i noticed after game 1.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

...where do I start with the miscues here?

A. The plan is to starts Payton v. tough LHP and Nixon v. the rest. Nixon very well should start, not Payton.

B. (Not sure on this one), Why would they keep Sierra, who I doubt has much of a history v. Clement (like he does Wells) in the cleanup hole?

C. How the hell would Mariano get a save in your situation?

D. Element: You cannot tell the status of a team from one game, it's impossible. Oh no, they could only get two runs off of Yankee RPs and Randy Johnson and Wells got killed, they're not the same team. I don't even know how you can say that with a straight face.

MLB ERA
    The point was Game 1 didn't feel like a normal Yanks, Sox game. Most of the time they are a battle until the end. I think the Sox will have a great season, in fact I still think they will win the East, but I felt the Sox didn't go out there with the same desire to win that they had last year, in that game. I was in no way trying to imply that they wouldn't be a competitive team this year.

I know the Sox are going to pick it up and have a winning record soon, this was just one bad game. Now they have got the opening day out of their systems, I think the Sox will win today’s game. And have another great season.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    this is going to be a high scoring affair.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Element
    The point was Game 1 didn't feel like a normal Yanks, Sox game. Most of the time they are a battle until the end. I think the Sox will have a great season, in fact I still think they will win the East, but I felt the Sox didn't go out there with the same desire to win that they had last year, in that game. I was in no way trying to imply that they wouldn't be a competitive team this year.

I know the Sox are going to pick it up and have a winning record soon, this was just one bad game. Now they have got the opening day out of their systems, I think the Sox will win today’s game. And have another great season.
    Well you predicted wrong.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Well, considering you got exactly one (Pavano having a good day) of five predictions in your summary right, he wasn't that bad.