Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In Theo I Trust

MLB ERA

Red Sox In Theo I Trust

NO CC, no problem
    NO AJ, no problem
    NO Tex, no problem

Why? We don't need any of these guys cause we don't have huge holes created by mismanaging a farm system for a decade.

CC and AJ are very good, we have great arms in Lester, Masterson, Buchholz, Bowden, maybe they won't ever reach CC level, but 2 or 3 of these guys could make AJ level

Tex is very good, but Lars Anderson is developing nicely and will be a good replacement for youk in 2011 (if he moves back to 3B or leaves)

Theo has delivered us 2 rings, great decisions letting damon and pedro go.

IN THEO I TRUST
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

AA ERA

Re: In Theo I Trust

I've always had confidence in Theo and will continue to do so. Although, by letting Teixeira sign with the Yankees over a opt. out clause, a no trade clause, and $10 million I think Theo is getting to the point where he is getting a bit over confident.

No way anyone can convince me that Tex doesn't make us significantly better and not to mention, I believe Ortiz is starting to show his age after watching him last season, I refuse to believe that only had to do with recovering from his surgery and getting his "groove" back.

If Boston goes out here and tries to over spend on someone like Derek Lowe and/or Adam Dunn in terms of salary and years, it will just show they played into the Yankees hands.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA

If we get dunn for 2 years 24 mil or 3 years 36 I think it shows the confidence we have in lars anderson

if we get lowe...eeekkk idk about that one
    MSLSeattle0001

AA ERA

Look at Dunn's numbers in the NL. The HR's and RBI's I like, but that BA is horrific. What in the world do you think they would translate to in the AL, especially the AL East? I don't even want to walk down that path, much less even think about it.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

AA ERA

And like I've said if Theo wanted to hold out on Tex because of the reasons listed above in my first post, the only move he better make is for a young,productive C. I better not see us resign Tek to some ridiculous contract and then scurry out here and try to grab someone just so we can have a little headline right below the Yankees.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Tex would have been nice for the Sox surely and while Theo has made some questionable moves, there's no debating he's one of the best GMs in the league. Boston will be fine.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Buccholtz is a great arm? When did this shit start? The Red Sox are still in great shape. They still have some holes at catcher and on the bench but for the most part they are set.

AA ERA

I don't think anyone, at least not myself, was arguing that the BoSox aren't in good shape for this up coming season. Nor am I saying Theo isn't a solid GM but, I do not at all agree with allowing the Yankees to sign Tex based off the reasons I listed above. Normally, I always compliment/defend any move or lack there of made by the Red Sox, this one however, I'm highly peeved about. There's not a way the Boston front office could sway me from that fact, regardless of anything they try to do the rest of the offseason.

MLB ERA

The division winner last season can probably improve, and the Yankees are loading up. Y'all have fun.

MLB ERA

BoSox34, the entire team that was 1 game away from the WS is returning, how does that put us in bad shape? if we can get a young catcher and another starter for insurance and a 4th OF, I like the team we have...

If we can get a Peavy great, if we can't we don't have big holes like NYY or Tampa but the overall talent might not be as good, but the chemistry is there and in baseball that is a factor.
    MSLSeattle0001

AA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    BoSox34, the entire team that was 1 game away from the WS is returning, how does that put us in bad shape? if we can get a young catcher and another starter for insurance and a 4th OF, I like the team we have...

If we can get a Peavy great, if we can't we don't have big holes like NYY or Tampa but the overall talent might not be as good, but the chemistry is there and in baseball that is a factor.
    I never said we were in bad shape, check my post again... I'm just one of those individuals that ALWAYS believes ANY team can improve. If the Yankee's had given Teixeira $190+ million over 8 years, I would be laughing but for no more than we let him go to the Yankees for, is absolutely laughable.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Getting a good catcher is a start. Red Sox and Rays didn't have the holes the Yankees had. Catcher, pitching and bench help is all the Sox need. Bench will be very important with guys like Ortiz and Lowell coming off injuries.

MLB ERA

A lot of the Yankee guys have injury histories and their bench is worse than ours... A-Rod, Jeter, Cano, Matsui, Swisher, Posada CC, Burnett, Joba all have injury Q's... i think the team with the best bench/depth will win the division
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

Since when do A-rod, Jeter, or Cano have injury histories?

MLB ERA

Since they've had multiple injuries in the last 3 years
    MSLSeattle0001

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast