Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bay Can't Replace Manny??

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Bay Can't Replace Manny??

Torre has had immediate impacts everywhere he's gone. I find him to be a great manager and the Yankees lost out.

MLB ERA

Torre is a very good baseball guy. He did very well to put up with King George's antics as long as he did.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bay hosed Hunter at second tonight.

MLB ERA

That was a great play by Bay. I thought he'd be a small drop off, I just couldn't believe he could put up the numbers Manny is capable of. Manny certainly seemed to have a HUGE impact on the Dodgers, but I have to admit, Bay has impressed me.

AAA ERA

Unfortunately postseason carers aren't defined by 2 games. Let's allow him to play a few more games and see what Boston does. The league stinks, there aren't any great teams so Boston should be able to win another WS and if that's the case Bay is going to have to keep coming up big which he didn't do last night.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bay has had plenty of time to show he can help replace Manny and for half the cost. We are taking it all in and not just two games. The league stinks?? There are two teams with better records than the Red Sox in the playoffs! Greatness is defined in October! Bay might not have done anything with the bat but he made a big play in the field. 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Unfortunately postseason carers aren't defined by 2 games. Let's allow him to play a few more games and see what Boston does. The league stinks, there aren't any great teams so Boston should be able to win another WS and if that's the case Bay is going to have to keep coming up big which he didn't do last night.

The leagues stinks eh? And the Yankees could only manage a far behind third in their own division. LOL. Guess that's not saying to much for them. Oh yeah and who came up with the big hit in the 9th last night to set the table? A guy named Jason something or other. I don't see Manny scoring from second on that play. Bay is the epitomy of what Manny isn't... A team first player. Being a Yankee fan, you should know full well about that. One of the best teams ever assembled, all team players... Brosious, Tino, Jeter, Oneill, Bernie Williams, Knoblauch. A team of guys that weren't individually the best, but together as a team were nearly impossible to beat. Now you have a team full of "Manny" type players and look where it gets you. If you want him, go get him in the off season. He'll give you a great bat until he decides he'd rather loaf. Who knows how long that would be.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Lance324 View Post
    The leagues stinks eh? And the Yankees could only manage a far behind third in their own division. LOL. Guess that's not saying to much for them. Oh yeah and who came up with the big hit in the 9th last night to set the table? A guy named Jason something or other. I don't see Manny scoring from second on that play. Bay is the epitomy of what Manny isn't... A team first player. Being a Yankee fan, you should know full well about that. One of the best teams ever assembled, all team players... Brosious, Tino, Jeter, Oneill, Bernie Williams, Knoblauch. A team of guys that weren't individually the best, but together as a team were nearly impossible to beat. Now you have a team full of "Manny" type players and look where it gets you. If you want him, go get him in the off season. He'll give you a great bat until he decides he'd rather loaf. Who knows how long that would be.
    The league does stink, what does that have to do w/ the yankees? WE know the Yankees were bad this year. There aren't any great teams, the best MLB had to offer was LAA and they couldn't even last 5 games.

As much as it pains me to write this Sox team reminds a bit of our latest dynasty team. obviously they aren't as good but they have alot of the same qualities as far as so many different players contributing. On one hand I really appreciate what they are doing but it sucks that they are doing it. We'll see what happens, i fully expect Boston to be able to win it all now and if they don't it's a huge disappointment w/ the teams that are left.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Please explain how the Angels were the best to offer. Was it just because they were the only team to win 100 games? Have to explain how there are no "great" teams! And like I said, greatness is determined in October and not before it.

MLB ERA

LOL wow the idiocity of this person is priceless, first Steve Young's overated, 2nd Rivera is best closer and no one isn't even close, now the league sucks, just WOW.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Please explain how the Angels were the best to offer. Was it just because they were the only team to win 100 games? Have to explain how there are no "great" teams! And like I said, greatness is determined in October and not before it.
    So the cardinals were a great team 2 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    LOL wow the idiocity of this person is priceless, first Steve Young's overated, 2nd Rivera is best closer and no one isn't even close, now the league sucks, just WOW.
    You are so clueless it's not even funny. If it was a joke maybe it would be funny but you are serious! Get back to me when you learn a thing or 2 about sports.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    So the cardinals were a great team 2 years ago?

You are so clueless it's not even funny. If it was a joke maybe it would be funny but you are serious! Get back to me when you learn a thing or 2 about sports.
    The Cards were the best of the best and played great to win the title. Every champion does it. Way to give an explanation Not shocked you wouldn;t answer a direct question.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The Cards were the best of the best and played great to win the title. Every champion does it. Way to give an explanation Not shocked you wouldn;t answer a direct question.
    No explanation is needed for people that have followed the game long enough. An 83 win team is NOT a great team and no explanation is needed on that.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes it is needed since you never explain yourself EVER!! Like when you make false accusations and don't back it up. You can't even answer a direct question. You should run for officeWhen a 83 win team beats up on the best of the best, that makes them the champions and leads them to greatness. The Cards were the best team that year. People who know the game see that and know greatness is defined in October!! See 2001 Seattle Mariners if you are still confused. at teams being determined great by their regular season How did Bay's ALDS turnout? He's still not buckling under that immense Boston pressure

I'll take a 85 win season in which my team wins the championship over a 120 win season where they lost the World Series or didn't even make it there any day of the week.

It's all about Championships, who gives a crap about the regular season once it's over. To discredit a team because of their regular season performance is stupid. Afterall if they beat the team with a better regular season record head to head over a 7 game series, then they are obviously better, at least when it counted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast