I know we're only halfway through the season, but what do you see the Sox doing with Varitek after the season? Also what do you think they should do with him?

I think they are in a real pinch with Tek. They gave him that "Captain" label, and as far as I know, no player that was ever "Captain" of any team went on to play for another team. Varitek and Scot Boras with certainly want a Posada like contract up around $13 mil per year for 2 or 3 years at least. He's certainly not worth that. As many of us predicted when the Sox signed him last time, we are taking a beating on the back end up this current contract. Varitek's abilities have dwindled greatly. He makes more unproductive outs than any player I've ever seen. His ability to throw out baserunners has always been extremely poor. He strikes out a ton, double plays, just a complete offensive disaster. And if you listen to the media they will tell you what a great game he calls, but I don't buy it. He calls way too many fastballs, and I I don't think he handles the staff as well as he once did. I think the Sox are really over a barrel with this guy. I visualize us watching $13 mil worth of overrated, unproductive catcher bouncing into double plays and striking out for the next 2 or 3 years. Afterall, they don't really seem to be grooming anyone to replace him.