Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the Games begins:4 game series vs. Yanks

Closed
    AAA ERA

Red Sox Let the Games begins:4 game series vs. Yanks

Well the Redsox really need a boost going into Yankee Stadium for this 4 game series versus the Yankees. They are coming in with a 5 game losing streak and now 3 and a half games of the pace behind the Rays.

Game 1: Lester vs. Petitte: This one should be a tough game for the Redsox with Lester coming in pitching horrible in his last start allowing 6 earned runs in 5 innings pitched. Pettite on the other hand has won his last 4 starts and is pitching great.

Game 2: Beckett vs. Rasner: This game could be the opposite of game 1 with the advantage going to the Redsox. Beckett comes in pitching well in his last 3 starts going at least 7 innings in all of them. Rasner hasn't pitched out of the 5th inning in his last 4 outings.

Game 3: Masterson vs. Mussina: Justin has been o.k. in his last few starts and has posted a 4-2 record with a respectable ERA of 3.75. Mussina has been pretty spectactular this season going 10-6 with an ERA of 3.87, but he has lost his last two outings.

Game 4: Wakefield vs. Chamberlain: If only the Redsox could score some runs when Wakefield pitches he would have a much better record than his 5-6 . Wakefield has a respectable ERA of 3.72. He has pitched at least into the 7th inning in his last 6 starts. Joba has been pretty good since becoming a starter with ups and downs. In his last he only lasted into the 4th inning.

Outlook: I am really going to try and be optimistic here as the Redsox are playing onthe road and they have struggles mightily this season. I am hoping they come into Yankee Stadium mad a hell after getting swept by the Rays and win at least 3 games from the Yanks. More realistic would be a split.

Re: Let the Games begins:4 game series vs. Yanks

Big Series!

I am really looking forward to game 4 to see how well Joba can handle himself against the sawx.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I always look forward to this series. It looks at least in the first and third game that the Yanks have the pitching match-up advantage and the Sox have the pitching adavntage in game 2 and game 4 is kinda up for grabs. But, you can throw all that out the window when the Sox are playing the Yanks.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Over/under on the average time of the games in this series: 4 hours and 7 minutes.

Give me the over.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Over/under on the average time of the games in this series: 4 hours and 7 minutes.

Give me the over.
    Are you expecting a few brawls to slow down the games.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

No it's just that Red Sox-Yankees games tend to move very sloooooooooooooooooowly. I expect it to be even worse than last night's Sox-Rays game and that game had Gerry Davis behind the plate and his strike zone was ridiculously small. I think the game took over 4 hours to play, which is absurd.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I agree, a game that takes over 4 hours is silly. Actually games that take 3 hours plus are heading towards the absurb.

Plus I believe in the last game Wakefield pitches and if he is throwing his usual balls in the dirt it could be a long day.

The series is gonna be long, no doubt, but as long as the Yankees win, I don't care.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Redsox lead 4-0 after just 2 innings. I was wondering why thehoards of Yankees fans weren'y tearing up the this thread. Now I know.

I don't care about it no more

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    I don't care about it no more

Oh well, but if the shoe was on the other foot you would be in this thread hooting and hollering.

it is now 5-0 Redsox.

Closed
    AAA ERA

6-0 Redsox

I don't really know what to say...rather speechless here. Lester is kind of good. I have missed most of the game though.

Closed
    AAA ERA

You sure weren't speechless last night. Lester is good, remember he threw a no no earlier this season. I am kinda suprised how they chased Pettite.

I love BB's response earlier. "I don't care about it no more"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast