Thread: A trip to Fenway

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Question A trip to Fenway

So I am planning this little trip to Boston next week. I'am visiting some friends, taking in the city, the sights the sounds, the tourist type things so to speak. I've been there before, but it was only one day, and I missed a bunch of stuff that I wanted to do.

One of them is taking in a Sox game at Fenway. Thankfully there are a couple of games next week that fit my schedule of events. So I ask a question here, for those that may be in the know Sox fans in the Boston area or who have gone to some games. Or to fellow S3 persons that may be in the know.

How hard is it to get tickets the day of the game?
    What does a standing room ticket get you?
    Are there scalpers around, and how much do they mark up the price?
    Any other advice?

I went over to StubHub, and the lowest price I could find was $50 for STO. At the moment, that's the best option I have.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: A trip to Fenway

There are tickets available on gamedays, but you just have to take your chances. And if you are with a group that wants to sit together and you are trying to get tickets on gameday it will become increasingly harder.

Some fans love the Standing Room tickets right next to the Monsta. Like I have told others there is not really a bad seat in Fenway as it is so close to the action. If you are a tall person though be prepared as the seats don't have much leg room.

There are scaplers who have tickets.

My two cents on this.

First of all, ticket sites that I have successfully gotten tickets from include Ace Ticket, StubHub, and Craigslist (more risky though). Out of those, Ace Ticket is my favorite site because there is no shipping fee since you can pick the tickets up on your way to the game right by Fenway.

Secondly, I believe there are about 500 tickets available on the day of the game through the box office. You would have to get there early though and wait in line at the box office (which is behind the monster). I know people who have gotten tickets that way (SRO).

Thirdly, I sat in the grandstand one time and it was horrible. Maybe it is because I spoiled myself when going to Fenway by sitting in the Right Field Box or Loge Box (for one game). If it is just going to be one game that you are going to, I would suggest getting decent seats, since you will only be there once. However tickets are expensive so.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A little update on my trip today, as I have now been to Fenway.

I got up at a half decent time, went over, and stood in line for one of the 500 tickets. I ended up getting a standing room ticket, and went over to the first base line, about 2/3 of the way to first from home. After talking a bunch with a couple of randoms, I went down and grabed a infield grandstand seat that no one had taken by the 3rd.

No one came, and I sat back, enjoyed the game. May try to take in Friday's night game to experence that.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Did you go to todays masacre? I hope you had a great time. A Lot of times especially during a day game in the middle of the week you can sit in an empty and no one will come. Did you sing Sweet Caroline?

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sing?!?!!?
    I was all over that. No one had a chance to match my awsome voice.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Better then Neil Diamond himself, I presume.