Thread: Sox alter schedule

Closed
    AAA ERA

Red Sox Sox alter schedule

The Redsox have moved the time of Thursdays contest versus the Rays from 7:05 p.m. to 6:05 p.m. to let fans enjoy the Redsox game and be home before the start of Game 1 of the NBA Finals between the Celtics and Lakers. Very good getsure to the fans by the Redsox.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Sox alter schedule

isn't the game at 9? baseball games typically last 3 hours unless they're extremely quick or go into extra innings. If it last 3 hours, it'd end at 9. Unless fans can teleport, they won't get home at 9. It more than likely has to do with TV...they don't want people to turn the channel on them. Their hope is that it ends before the Celtics game starts.

Closed
    AAA ERA

It is at 9, but from the press release I read the Sox are hoping there will be enough time. I don't know how it can be, but they are I guess going to try to move along the game as quickly as possible. The problem, I guess with moving up to say 5:05 or earlier is people who already had tickets would have to skip out of work early.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's definitely a move for television.

Celtics Bump Red Sox An Hour EarlierESPN - 06/01 - 4:37 PM EST
    The Red Sox will start their game against the Rays on Thursday night one hour earlier to allow Boston fans to watch Game One of the NBA Finals between the Celtics and Lakers, according to The Associated Press.

The Rays-Red Sox game will start at 6:05 PM EST, with the Lakers-Celtics tipping off at around 9:00 PM.

Red Sox President and Chief Executive Officer Larry Lucchino announced the decision Saturday.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Either way if the Redsox game is close I wioll be going to watch the Celtics in game 1. I also have my Dad who is the master at flipping channels with the remote.