Thread: May 26-28: BOS @ SEA

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: May 26-28: BOS @ SEA

The way the Redsox are performing on the road this season this could be a scary series indeed. The Sox are only 10-17 on the road compared to their 21-5 record at Fenway. Also the pitching matchups in the contest are not that much differnce with the exception of game two of the series. The Redsox offense really need to start to produce on the road.

Game 1: Colon vs Hernandez. This game kinda scares the hell out of me. Colon is coming off a good first outing of the season , but he still hasn't got the seasoning he needs to prove he is back to full strength yet. Hernandez has electric stuff and could dominate the Sox like he did in a game last year. Let's hope the Sox bats are ready for the task.

Game 2: Matsuzaka vs Batista: Dice K will go for his perfect 9-0 record in this game. He has been a bit inconsistent with his walks lately, but still seems to wiggle out of jams. Batista has been horrible all season long and his record reflects that with a 3-6 record and 6.47 ERA. This game surely looks like it favors the Sox.

Game 3: Wakefield vs Bedard: Wakefield really needs to improve on his last outing of 5 innings and 8 earned runs. Bedard hasn't really been his amazing self like he was last season, but he has been much sharper then Wakefield. This game I see the advantage going to the M's.

Hopefully the Sox can pull out the series win. If they get off to a good start and win game 1 they should do just that. The Sox bats really need to start rolling on the road.

MLB ERA

I'm not too worried actually, Seattle's offense has been non-existent lately. King Felix hasn't pitched his best this season and Batista just got rocked in New York. Seattle also has to fly across the country so that will have an affect on them in game 1... I think the Sox will win the 1st 2 and the 3rd game will come down to Wakefield... if he gives up 4 ER or less the Sox will win

Product of the Boombap
    Rookie ERA

Game 54: Red Sox/Mariners Cont. How the hitters have faired against tonights starters.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Redsox lead 1 -0 on a Big Papi homerun in the 4th.

I must go to bed now , my parents would shit a brick if they knew I was still up.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Redsox win 5-3 and Bartolo goes to 2-0. Good start to series. Now Dice K is on the mound tonight vs Miguel Batista.

Hm, shitting bricks doesn't sound too healthy.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    Hm, shitting bricks doesn't sound too healthy.
    No I imagine it is not, but I seem to bring the best out of my parents sometimes.

That is very kind of you. Please don't bring the best out of me if that will be the result.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Ha Ha

Back onto the topic at hand: The Sox lose a tough one 4-3 in game two.

Tonight they have Bedard, should be good. Hopefully Bedard will pitch a solid game.

Any word on Dice K? Is he injured badly?

Closed
    AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bwitty24 View Post
    Tonight they have Bedard, should be good. Hopefully Bedard will pitch a solid game.

Any word on Dice K? Is he injured badly?
    They are calling the injury a tired shoulder and there has been no decision on if he will be able to make his next start or not.

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Mariners are leading this game 1-0 on a Betancourt homerun. Bedard also has not allowed any hits into the 4th inning. Maybe saying that will jinx him and the Sox bats will heat up.

Closed
    AAA ERA

The Sox bats didn't heat up again on the road. They fell and lost this series to the M's . They lost this game 1-0 and only was able to mangae 2 hits the entire game against M's pitching. Bedard was on his game tonight. The Sox continue there road swing this weekend vs. the Orioles.