Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red Sox Nation

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Red Sox Re: Red Sox Nation

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    They never beat the snot out of the Yanks, the time they beat us in the ALCS was 4 games to 3 and the div was only a few games last year.
    Spet 15, 2007 Red Sox 10, yankees 1. Apr 27, 2007 Red Sox 11, yankees 4. Those are not close games.

AAA ERA

Re: Red Sox Nation

Quote Originally Posted by bazzo View Post
    Spet 15, 2007 Red Sox 10, yankees 1. Apr 27, 2007 Red Sox 11, yankees 4. Those are not close games.
    Are you serious? They play 19 times, there will always be a few blowouts either way. The Yanks wre 10-8 against Boston last year and that's pretty amazing considering we started out 1-5.

Bazzo,
    I do get enjoyment out of seeing the Yankees get blown out too, but it's still only one loss and in the grand scheme of things those blowouts for any team mean nothing more than a 1 run game.

NYJunc,
    I know the Yanks were 10-8 against the Sox last year, but where did it get them? A second place in the division and out of the playoffs in the first round. The bottom line is the only thing that matters in the end is who the last team left is, and last year was the Red Sox year. I'd gladly go 8-10 against the Yankees this year, win the division and the World Series.

Rookie ERA

I would like to say that I am a Sox fan that grew up in Chicago. I went to a Red Sox White sox game in 2003 and guess what there were just as many Red Sox fans there as White sox fans. I have since moved to Kentucky, and to my pleasure there are Sox fans here to. I went into a Subway last Sept. and I ran into a Sox fan, we had a great time talking about the Post season and everything Red Sox. The idea that this is some how a Yankee country is garbage, most people hate the Yankees, I now pretty much every Chicagoin does. Also there was a poll on ESPN is this a Red Sox nation or a Yankee country and Sox nation won the poll 60-40 something. Typical Yankee thinking the country loves them when thats FAR from the truth

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Lance324 View Post
    Bazzo,
    I do get enjoyment out of seeing the Yankees get blown out too, but it's still only one loss and in the grand scheme of things those blowouts for any team mean nothing more than a 1 run game.

NYJunc,
    I know the Yanks were 10-8 against the Sox last year, but where did it get them? A second place in the division and out of the playoffs in the first round. The bottom line is the only thing that matters in the end is who the last team left is, and last year was the Red Sox year. I'd gladly go 8-10 against the Yankees this year, win the division and the World Series.

It didn't get us anywhere, I'm not crowing about being 10-8. The other poster was crowing how the Sox beat up the Yanks which just wasn't true.

NYJunc,
    I know, I was just concurring with you.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Red Sox Re: Red Sox Nation

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It didn't get us anywhere, I'm not crowing about being 10-8. The other poster was crowing how the Sox beat up the Yanks which just wasn't true.
    I was just having a little fun by getting a Yankees fan heated up. Nothing personal just trying to lighten things up. I do agree with Lance324 with the fact that the Sox are world champs again and It wouldn't bother me at all if the Yanks won every game as long as the Sox come out on top like this year.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

I love how John Henry responded, that was classic...but I still hate the Sox and Yanks.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12