Thread: Red Sox Tidbits

Red Sox Tidbits

OK, we're finally up (BTW, this is waruv. I figured I'd try a new name). Looks great guys. Time to christen the Sox forum with a few pre-season tidbit

1B/OF/RP David McCarty has won the 25th roster spot, and he whacked Arizona in his most recent preseason game as a showing of good faith with a great game.

Kim has been traded to Colorado for Charles Johnson (will be released), Chris Narveson (5th SP/RP prospect), and cash to even out the salaries

Opening Day is April 3rd, and it will be San Diego Padre David Wells v. Arizona Diamondback Randy Johnson.

Wakefield still looks to be hit and miss in what seems to be his last of his many years with the Sox, three good starts in the spring and two slap-arounds.

Miller and Schilling are on the DL. Schilling will be back in time to avoid John Like a Halama going into the rotation and Miller could be her in May.

Stern's on the DL, delaying his R5 decision for a while

and

Clement's looking really good as ST closes. About a K an inning with a walk a game so far, a vast improvement on the walks, and he had two great outings to finish it off.

AAA ERA
    hmm i didnt no they traded for johnson.

Three way deal

Arizona got: Randy Johnson
    Colorado got: Shawn Green
    New York got: Byung-Hyun Kim

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Three way deal

Arizona got: Randy Johnson
    Colorado got: Shawn Green
    New York got: Byung-Hyun Kim

AAA ERA
    so a pretty big deal for colorado then getting a nice outfielder but loosing a good catcher

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfan30
    so a pretty big deal for colorado then getting a nice outfielder but loosing a good catcher
    huh? Fishercat was joking.

Nice deal for red Sox. Kim really isn't going to do anything....when I think of Kim, he reminds me of a Chan Ho Park. We all know how good Chan Ho Park is.....

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jay Payton right now
    batting average: .300
    on-base percentage: .286

Payton has Jedi Mind Powers over Bruce Chen too.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So I was watching last night's game between the Red Sox and Tigers and at one point, NESN popped up a stat that says that Manny Ramirez has 18 career grand slams. That totally blew my mind. If I remember correctly, Lou Gehrig is the all-time leader with 23 and second on the list is 19 I think. Manny is well on his way to breaking that record, one of the more underrated records too, if I might add.

Also, Ramirez is at 397 career homeruns. He's closing in on 500 too.

Yeah, Manny has the knack of getting up with the bases loaded and actually hitting a grand slam. He's tied or above the active leaders.